3. Not Today

It was just yesterday that I met Andy. Just yesterday he got rid of the two people I hate most. And I can't wait for him to adopt me.

Knock, knock

"Angel, when was the last time you ate?" Miss Short plainly asked through the door.

'Earlier,' I slipped the note under the door.

"Yes, but how much earlier?" she asked, getting annoyed.

'I don't know,'

"Whatever," after that she walked away.

•Trigger Warning•

Shows how much she cares. I truly don't understand what these people's issue is with me! I didn't ever do anything to them, therefore they have no reason to hate me.

'Try cutting, it will make you feel better,' I thought. Why am I thinking like this!?

'Do it,' maybe the voice is right...

Since when was there a voice in my head!? Who cares, as long as it's right.

I carefully took my blade out of my makeup bag. I've never used it before but I've always had it. I placed the blade on my wrist and thought about what I was about to do.

'F*ck it," I slid it all the way from my wrist to my elbow. Squinting in pain, I realized how good the blood felt running over my skin.

Knock, knock

What could they possibly want now!! This is a bad time too!

"I'm coming in," the person said.

Crap.

I quickly threw a sweatshirt on, not even having time to clean up. I shut the bathroom door and opened the other, letting whoever was on the other side in.

"Andy is taking you with him on Saturday," a girl about my age said.

I nodded, showing her I was listening.

"That's in three days, by the way,"

I stared at her. I don't think I've seen her here before...

"Are you gonna say something or...," she trailed off.

I shook my head no. 'I am mute"

"Oh I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked," she rushed to apologize.

'It's fine. I'm Angel'

"I know. Miss Short told me, by the way I'm Cass," she smiled.

'Hi. I like your hair!'

Her hair was black with teal and neon green highlights. Almost like mine, except I have black hair with light blue and neon green highlights, plus the bottom of my hair is a dark blue.

"Thanks! We should hangout sometime," she smiled again.

'That would be awesome! See ya later.'

We said our goodbyes and I shut the door behind her.

'That was close. Be more careful,' I scolded myself.

My arm stung so I went and cleaned it up. I started wiping the blood off the sink and floor when I was called to the living room. I finished wiping the floor and headed downstairs.

(Time skip)

I mentally groaned as slowly ate some soup. Yes, I was called down here to eat. I f*cking hate eating.

"Awwww, is she too emo to eat regular food," a girl named Annie snickered.

I flipped her off.

"I'm sorry, but I don't appreciate being treated like that, mind giving me a different response?" She growled.

I raised both middle fingers and glared at her.

"You b*tch!" she said, knocking the soup into my lap.

I immediately jumped up, knocking the chair over due to how hot the damn soup was. How f*cking hot does soup get!?! It doesn't help that I was wearing shorts either.

I walked over to the girl and stuck my middle finger right in her face. Only to get my finger snapped backwards.

'Oh sh*t'

I stared at her, then walked out of the room gripping my broken finger. I walked to the nurses office and sat down on one of the benches.

"How may I help you Miss Pacton," Mrs. Cara asked.

I showed her my finger.

"What happened!?"

I held up my other middle finger and pretended to snap it back.

"Did someone do this to you?!"

I shook my head yes. Mrs. Cara is the only adult in this place that I like. She is the only one who doesn't despise me.

"Who did it, hon?"

I grabbed her hand with my good one and led her back to the kitchen, where Annie was telling Miss Short all about how I just threw my soup and stormed off.

"Her?," Mrs. Cara asked, pointing at Annie.

I did a thumbs up.

Mrs. Cara quietly talked with Miss Short while I attempted to clean up the soup with one hand.

"Is it true Annie, did you snap her finger?" Miss Short asked.

"Of course not! Why would I do that!?" The Evil Witch screamed. That's a great name, I think it suits her.

"Don't you dare lie to me young lady!" I don't think I've ever heard Miss Short raise her voice!

"Well she deserved it! She flipped me off!"

Then she was lead to the office.

"Follow me, Angel, let's go wrap up your finger," Mrs. Cara sympathetically said.

(Time skip: brought to you by horny unicorns)

I convinced someone to let me outside, to go to the park.

Bad idea, for I have packed a small bag and do not plan to return.

I sat on the swing, head in my hands, just thinking. Thinking about how people always seem to find something to hate about me. I hope Andy finds me.... I'm not at the orphanage so he might not.

Oh well. I'm sure the cops will.

I felt somone tap my shoulder.

"Umm hi... are you okay?" a boy asked.

I shook my head yes, then no.

"So, that's like a maybe?"

I shrugged.

"My name is Daniel. What's yours?"

I pulled out my notepad and told him my name.

"That's a cute name," he smirked, "How old are you, Angel?"

I held up ten fingers then five.

"Fifteen? Cool, me too!" He smiled and gave me his number, "You should text me and we can hang out sometime?"

I smiled and nodded. He waved and left. He didn't even ask about my lack of talking! That's a first.

That's when I heard sirens. Maybe they're looking for me...

Hoi Hoi! That's TWOOOOOOO chapters today~

I don't have time for another today but what do you care, like no one is reading this story yet!

Okie dokie, see y'all later.