10. Out of Hell

I woke up to the sweet scent of coffee. Looking to my left, I found the source; CC.

"Hey lil' one, how're you feelin'?"

"Just fantas-stic," I glared at him.

"Hey now, no need to get icy," I cringed at the terrible use of the word.

"Icy?" I laughed, "that's new."

"Yeah. I'm full of surprises." He added, attempting a dramatic hair flip. I shook my head, demanding for coffee. He reluctantly agreed, leaving the room.

Just as he left, the same blonde nurse from yesterday entered.

"You can get ready to go, just make sure at least turn the clothes that you wore during the rape, especially your undergarments, in to the police," she handed me some clean clothes, "and please give this to your father," she added, handing me a piece of folded paper. I unfolded it, revealing a phone number. Before she even turned to leaved, I ripped it to shreds.

"Bitch," she muttered and walked away.

I exited the room, turned the corner, and got coffee spilled all over me.

"Dear God, Angel! You f*cking scared me," CC muttered, turning back around to get more coffee. I followed him, only stopping to grab some paper towels from the restroom to dab at the coffee with.

"One Mocha Frappe please," he pulled out his wallet and handed me my coffee. "Need anything else? Like, I don't know, food maybe?" I shook my head, turning the other direction to look for Andy.

"You need to eat," CC demanded. I started frantically looking around until I spotted Andy, and then I sprinted away from the possibility of food. I mentally cursed as my stomach turned in pain from the sudden exercise.

Andy saw me and made a weird face, "Awww, she loves me so much already that she has to sprint whenever she sees me!" I lifted my middle finger, holding in my laughter. This time, he faked hurt and pretended to lay on the floor and cry.

"How could you! To your own family!" at this I burst out laughing.

I didn't really want to use my voice. After so long of being mute, it was like a piece of my personality that I didn't want to change. Sure, I'd talk if absolutely necessary, but not just because I want to.

"Ready to go, sucker?" at that I ran out the door and straight to the car. I plugged in my iPod and put my music on shuffle, the first song being 'King For a Day' by Pierce The Veil feat. Kellin Quinn. Andy had a sudden burst of happiness and turned the song up. I smiled and rolled the windows down, feeling the rush of cold air hit my face.

It was a nice day out. Not too hot, not too cold. I couldn't see even one cloud in the sky or puddle on the ground. Everything was perfect, and it honestly gave me a bad feeling.

'Nothing is ever this perfect, watch out,' my conscious told me.

I looked out the window, staring at the trees as we passed by. The song switched, changing to 'Better Off Dead' by Sleeping With Sirens. For a long time in my life, this was the song that I could best relate to. Death doesn't seem like too bad of an option considering the circumstances.

She says she wants to end it all when she's all alone in her room

She cries

The way she feels inside is too much for her

When all you got is these four walls

It's not that hard to feel so small

Or even exist at all

How come no one heard her when she said

Maybe I'm better off dead

If I was would it finally be enough

To shut out all those voices in my head?

Maybe I'm bette-

"We're here," Andy's voice cut in. I grabbed my iPod and shuffled into the house. After I put all my stuff into my room, I laid on the floor of the living room.

Yes, I know there are couches, but the cold wood floor feels good against my over-heated body. Suddenly, the reality of what had happened came crashing into me. I instantly bolted off the floor and into the shower.

I scrubbed every inch of my body until my skin was raw. And it still wasn't enough, it will never be enough. I felt disgusting, filthy, like a whore. I burst into tears, instantly regretting my trip to the park. That voice had sounded familiar to me, I just can't pinpoint from exactly where.

I exited the shower, and picked up my phone.

D-Daniel A-Angel

A- hey can you come over. Like RN

D-um... sure are you ok?

A-no now pick up your ass and get over here

D-ok.. touchyyy damn. Where do you live?

A- (insert address)

D- be there in five

I headed downstairs and showed Andy our texts with a desperate face.

"Fine, but I'll be checking up on you every so often," I rolled my eyes and smiled, waiting for Daniel's arrival.

Five minutes later, a knock sounded at the door. I threw open the door and basically tackled Daniel.

"Whoaaaaa, calm down," he chuckled. I froze, hearing that familiar voice. I quickly jumped off of Daniel and slammed the door in his face, locking it in the process.

"What happened!? Are you okay?" Interrogated Andy.

"It was h-him," I stuttered breathlessly, "It was him."

Andy picked me up and set me on the couch, storming over to the door. All I can say is there was a lot of shouting. A lot.

When Andy came back in, about eight minutes later, his fists were covered in blood. He stalked over to his phone, calling the police. He reported what had happened, all the while you could practically see the steam pouring off of him.

After he hung up, he sat down next to me, "Angel, are you truly okay?"