T h i r t y O n e

"What?" Luke's tone was deadly quiet as he blinked, hoping he hadn't heard me right about his manger having known not just about Sydney but Lucas too and having been the cause of him not being here with us today.

"Your manager came to see me that day, I was staying at your mums, when I went into labour, no one but me was home. We were arguing and he was mad, I was- I was asking him, no I was begging him to let me talk to you, to tell you about the pregnancy and the twins," I stood up, pacing around the room, shaking because I was crying too much as I recalled the conversation, the day everything went wrong.

"Then what happened?" The boys voices were closer now, turning I saw they'd followed,them all standing behind the kitchen counter, Luke's face was a pale, tears rolling down his cheeks leaving tracks.

"He was yelling, telling me to leave and never return to Sydney again, that I was ruining your career and should go back to Adelaide prenatal AND postnatal," I took a shaky breath as I readied myself for what was next, "I tried to reason with him, telling him if you found out the hard way it would ruin your professional relationship with management and make a huge mess, I told him this was the easy way and took a step closer to him to plead with him again, but h-" I stopped talking, the memory resurfacing, the pain was raw and fresh again and I cried harder, I cried for Lucas, I cried for Sydney and her future that will always feel incomplete for her, because half will always be missing.

"But what," Luke all but growled, his tone having gone cold and flat as he waited to hear, exactly what happened.

"He pushed me backwards and I fell... bump first," I whispered shakily, tears escaping, "And then he left me there,"