T w e n t y S e v e n

"Lily wait!" I heard Luke scream as I jumped into the car and started the engine, I barely made it out of the parking lot before he was running beside the car, tapping the window.

Tears ran down my face as I stopped the car, Luke taking the opportunity to jump into the passenger seat and hold both my hands in his, "Hey, where you running off you Lil? What's wrong?"

My voice shook as my head tried to cooperate with my mouth to form an explanation for my semi break down and flight, "I, I just can't, sit and wait around up there, listening to you all feel guilty, calling your parents to apologise for stress you feel you've put in them because you didn't come home, meaning they had to keep my secret quiet or they'd lose everything they'd worked for and so would you guys,"

My head fell against the wheel as loud sobs escaped my body and for the very first time since I came home to Sydney and broke down in Liz's arms, I broke down again once more, but this time, in her sons.

"Baby please don't cry, this ain't your fault, none of this is, you hear me Lil? It's killing me hearing you blame yourself, just like it's killing you hearing me and the guys blame ourselves over it. There's only one person here to blame and you know who that is," Luke pulled my head up and my gaze met his once more, "Please don't punish yourself for this anymore than you have already, three years is enough blame for you ok?" Luke's eyes scanned all over my face for a response when my mouth couldn't form one, his eyes were glistening as tears gathered, or that could just be my own tears, who knows?

"I know, I just can't help but thinking I could of done more, I could of found you and protected everyone else still, I could of saved-"

"Lily please," Luke pulled me into a tight hug, his hands rubbing circles into the small of my back, soothing me like he did when we were growing up "Stop beating yourself up over the past, there's nothing you can do to change it, all you can do is focus on what's here and what we have now,"

I processed Luke's thoughts quickly realising he was right, there's nothing I can say, do or feel that would change a thing that's happened but what I can do is work on how we would move forward, how we would deal with the future and the shit that's going to hit us once the bands management find out they're home and knows about Sydney.

"You're right, there's nothing I can do worrying, everything's out and I can't change that, I wish I could of told you sooner though Luke, I really do. I'm sorry it took this long,"

"I'm sorry too baby, but it wasn't either of our faults, I'm here now and that's what matters. Me, you and our little girl ok? All the matters is our family, just the three of us, " Luke kissed my forehead and I smiled.

Then I remembered, as he said those words, the other thing he needed to know.

"Luke, there's one more thing I need to tell you, only your family know about this though," my eyes filled with water as memories floated through my mind, the pain and loss resurfacing and the tears finally escaped as my breathing became laboured.

"Lily what is it?" Luke's worried gaze met mine and I shook my head before replying.

"I need to show you, words can't explain this very well, at least mine can't," I croaked the final words before starting the car to make the short trip down the road.

It was only five minutes before I pulled up outside the rusted gates, "Luke underneath my phone, between it and the case is a picture, take it out and look at it please," my voice shook and the endless tears streamed found there way down my cheeks, the noisy sobs only escaping when I heard Luke choked gasp.

"No,"