S e v e n

The silence on the phone was deafening as I waited to hear his response. We'd been talking on the phone for over two hours when he finally asked the question I'd been waiting for.

"Wait Lil? Who was the little girl who answered the phone?"

And all I had ready on the end of my tongue to tell him was the truth.

"Umm well she's mine Mikey,"

So I delved into the story of falling pregnant, my parents throwing me out and the slow but steady journey of getting myself a job and a simple two bedroom apartment to keep me and my baby safe and secure. Physically and financially. I told him how around my working shifts I went to college and now I'm in the middle of my sound technology degree.

Then again, came a question, the second question I'd been awaiting from him.

"So who's Sydneys father?"

"Well, its... uh...Luke obviously,"

"What? Wait that's not possible I don't understand?" He gasped, clearly not expecting that, obviously I expected that response though cause he couldn't of known or saw it coming.

"Well it is possible, you know when two people have sex unprotected, 9/10 a baby pops out you know. I mean I know you skipped biology class a lot but come on Mikey,"

"No I obviously get that part but I mean, we haven't seen you in what four years? I mean we tried to find you but it was, I don't know impossible I don't know," he rambled, clearly losing his calm demeanour over the situation unfolding.

"Well pregnancy typically takes nine months, Sydney's just turned three, you do the mat- wait actually you failed maths cause you skipped that too," I laughed quietly, glancing at a sound asleep Sydney on the sofa.

"I just can't, I mean I don't see how he could keep this from us?" Michael sighed clearly hurt because he thought Luke had kept something as huge as this a secret from him.

"He didn't," I mumbled.

"Well he obviously did because none of us know about her Lilly!" His voice rose slightly and I flinched, "Sorry I don't mean to yell I'm just, I don't understand,"

"Don't apologise Mike, your anger will soon be redirected at me in a second and I'll deserve each and every last drop of it, but please don't be mad at Luke," I spoke clearly to ensure he was understanding me and he clearly wasn't.

"How can I not be mad at him Lil? He's lied to us this entire-"

"He didn't lie Michael because he doesn't even know she exists!"

And then came the silence, the one he had yet to break.

Sydney - Luke Hemmings (completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें