T w e n t y S i x

"So, wait a fucking minute management are the reason you couldn't call us, why we couldn't call our families and why we were never allowed home?" Calum stood up seething, not taking it in as well as I'd imagined. I'd told them the entire story, just as I had with Luke last night.

"Yeah, they threatened our career to keep you quiet about the whole thing, making you feel inwardly guilty in case they took it all away from under us," Ashton balled his hands up into fists, "Did they know Luke's family knew?"

"Not initially but when they found out, they threatened me, if any of them told a soul about Sydney, they'd take their careers too and make sure I was to blame publicly in the media," I shrugged feeling the stress gathering again, "But Joy and Lauren already knew, so management said if anyone else found out they'd blacklist everyone who knew so they'd never work another day in their lives, or Lauren wouldn't be accepted into the make up academy or Mali wouldn't record another song again. I couldn't do that to everyone, so we kept quiet and stopped trying to contact you, we'd hoped you would contact us and it could be found out that way, it just took... a while I guess,"

"How could they do that to us? The people who made our career, who took us on because they saw potential in us, toy with our lives, our families who made us and shaped us to be the people we are?" Michael shouted his voice climbing decibels as he spoke.

"Management?" Luke muttered, "So much for management being supportive huh? "They don't know where we are at the minute and they don't know that we know about Sydney, so for now everything is fine,"

"It makes me sick though 'boys are living the dream now and they don't need past distractions in the way' I mean yes we were living the dream, following our dreams we'd imagined since we were younger but our dream was with our loved ones, our friends and families behind us all the way," Ashton spat, taking out his phone, "I'm gonna call Mum, let her know we know everything now and apologise for putting her under so much strain for listening to that asshole and not coming home when he 'advised us' not too,"

"Yeah, I'm gonna call dad and Mali, mums at work but I feel awful, we should of come home ages ago despite what he told us," Calum stood up, walking towards the bedroom with his phone dialling.

I hung my head, guilt settling in as the boys blamed themselves for not coming home sooner, thinking that because they listened to they manager they've put strain on their families for keeping my secret to themselves, something we did to protect their careers, the boys careers and most of all, to protect Sydney.

"I need fresh air," I muttered, standing up quickly, grabbing my keys and phone before sprinting out the door.