T e n

"Knock knock, where's my favourite little niece?" A voice called out from the hallway causing Sydney to jump up off my lap from where we were watching My Little Pony and scuttle off into the hall to find the source of the noise.

Which of course was Jack and it only took a couple of seconds for her to realise that too when I heard, "Yay Unkewl Jackjack!"

"Hey princess! Where's your mummy?"

"She in dere, we watching ma lee-tle pony and my favourwite is fwutershy","

"Aw I like rainbow dash, she's real cool don't you think?

"Personally I like Pinky Pie, she's always up for fun," I added as Jack came in with Sydney on his shoulders and sat in the armchair, Sydney of course going straight back to her programme.

"Nah, she sucks, don't you think Syd?" Jack looked up only to be met with Sydney frowning.

"No, she my number two favourwite she isn't what you said," she frowned at him until he agreed that pinky pie was in fact cool and didn't suck.

"Anyway, has Mikey been able to tell you if and when they're coming home yet?" Jack asked, careful to not grab Sydney's attention with the names she's likely to recognise.

"He said this morning it's for definite happening next week, he reckons they'll fly out Wednesday and Thursday they'll get here," I laid my head against the back of the couch and sighed, "We've been trying to figure out what I'm gonna say to him when he finally comes home for three years Jack and the days gonna be here in less than five days and I still have nothing,"

"Hey don't get worked up about it, you'll figure it out you always do, you're a smart girl," he smiled reassuringly before continuing, "Are you gonna tell him everything? Even the part about you know?"

"Yeah, he needs to know that first before anyone else," I nodded slowly, "Alright I've got class, you two gonna be alright?"

"Yes ma'am, I've got this Uncle and niece thing down now go away and get your head in the game," Jack laughed, shooing me away with his free hand, "Syd say bye bye to mummy,"

"Bab bye mummy wuv you," Sydney grinned widely at me catching the kisses I blew before returning them.

"Love you too baby,"