T w e l v e

A/N I hate fuckers like this that give me a heart attack.

You sure you wanna pick us up from the airport?" Michael asked, clearly re-thinking the  whole idea, the idea that was his to start with.

"Yeah, the long drive will give me time to think and let's be honest me showing up in an average Mercedes is much less "oh hey rockstars in here" than a huge SUV with blacked out windows don't you think?" I chuckled, heading into Sydneys room to wake her up from her nap, knowing full well, if she sleeps too long she'll be cranky and overtired.

Much like her father of course.

"Hmm good point, okay I'll see you in four days-"

"MIKEY COME ON" i heard Calum yell, the sound echoing down the phone and I chuckled, I wondered if either of the boys had wondered who Mikes been speaking to a lot lately or if they turned a blind eye.

"Okay, I've gotta go it's time to go onstage, bye love ya,"

"Ok ok go on before they rip the phone away from you and realise it's me, love ya too mikeymouse," I chuckled and hung up out, I knew he wouldn't otherwise and they had a show to do, one of the final shows before they come home.

Home.

The boys are coming home.

Luke's coming home.

"Mummy?" Sydney's sleepy voice mumbled and I turned to see her sitting up in bed, her hands rubbing her eyes sleepily.

"Aww hi baby you feeling sleepy still?" I asked, watching her full of adoration as she clambered her way into my lap, her head resting against my chest.

"A likkle bit mummy, can I have scwambled eggs pwease?" she yawned, stretching her arms up in the air so her top lifted itself slightly, before rewrapping her arms around my neck and clinging to me like a sloth.

A clear indication she's ready to be hoisted up and carried to the couch for cartoons. Lazy little lady.

"You know something Sydney? You're just like your daddy," I chuckled, placing her on the big couch, to which she quickly found the remote and turned on transformers rescue bots. One of her favourites oddly enough.

"Really mummy?" She gasped clearly happy to hear more about her absent father, but not enough to tear herself away from watching the autobots save the day once again.

"Yeah, you're just like him baby," I nodded, checking she was okay before heading off to make lunch.

"But Lukey I don't want to play kissy chase," seven year old me pouted, clearly not impressed in the slightest by his games.

"Lilly pwease?" Luke sulked, his bottom lip jutting out as he tried to win his own way, "Jack said even though girls are gross that it's a super fun game,"

"Why play it then if girls are gross? That makes no sense silly!" I laughed running away and scrambling up the ladder to our treehouse, "Isn't Jack too old to play kissy chase? He's like a million years old,"

"Nope it's a big kid game and we're big kids now stupid. Also he said it's a boyfriend and girlfriend game and you're my girlfriend so we have to play,"

"I never said you were my boyfriend or that I was even thinking of being your girlfriend mister!" I frowned at the blond haired boy. He'd gotten taller this past year, his hair had grown out and his eyes were brighter than the ocean, sparkling when the sun hit them.

"Well I did so now you're my girlfriend and we should go to get married in the fort and then you can be my wife and we can play kissy chase," he rambled on, listing what needed to be done by us, because of course we were big kids now.

"Oh Luke, i miss you," I sniffled.