O n e

"Tell me a story about dada," the little girl who resembled her father perfectly, even down to her excited behaviours, grinned widely as once again she begged for another story about her daddy.

"Uhh, okay," I paused in thought before a perfect one came into mind, "Okay well this one time me and your daddy were by the beach with nanny and we wanted to go into the water,"

"Luke honey don't go in too far, the tide will drag you out!" Luke's mum Liz shouted over toward her son who unbeknown to her wasn't even paying attention. She was sat on her beach towel on the beach in clear sight of us both if we needed her.

"Okay mummy!" the bright eyed blond haired cheeky boy grinned back, clearly with zero intentions of doing as he was told, "Let's go paddling with our floaties!" He chucked as he pulled on both arm bands and crept towards the seas edge.

"But Luke your mumma said don't go too far!" I whined, wanting nothing more than to go back to Liz where we would be safe.

"I'm not going to go in far silly! Just far enough that I get to use my floaties!" He beckoned me towards him but I stepped back, still afraid as I stood on the sand in my swimming costume and floaties, "We're six Lilly and we are big grown up kids now we've got this ok?"

"What happened mummy?"

"Well I was right and your daddy was wrong that's for sure. We ended up floating away from the shore and nanny had to call a big security man to come save us,"

"Silly mummy... And silly daddy too!" Sydney chuckled, a hand flying up to cover her mouth to stop the endless giggled that escaped it as she pictured me and her father crying and floating away.

"Yeah silly mummy and silly daddy indeed," I whispered so she wouldn't hear, "Silly silly,"