T w e n t y O n e

It was eerily silent as Jack picked Sydney up and whispered me a quick good luck, ensuring me him, Liz or Ben were a simple phone call away if we needed them, before saying good bye to everyone as Jack suggested he take Sydney and leave.

"Umm, Luke can we go into the room again and talk? Please?" I whispered so quietly it was almost inaudible.

"Can I just ask one question quickly? Then we can talk in private?" I hesitated before nodding, knowing exactly what he was going to ask.

"Luke, you really should discuss this in private," Michael warned, knowing how close I was to breaking, again.

"Mikey, don't," Luke shook his head firmly, warning him cautiously "Especially as you seemed to know about, it, about all of this,"

It...This.

"IT? This? Are you serious? Sydney, her name is Sydney Luke!" I seethed, having gone from a nervous twitching wreck to a woman ready to blow in less than a second.

Never ever insult a woman's child, or belittle them in front of a parent.

"Yeah I gathered that seeing as Jacks just said it, even Michael said it because they seem to know everything about her but not me!" Luke yelled, clearly having exceeded his limit for how much he could handle being dropped on him at once, "I'm gonna assume I am the father right? She has my penguin, my own brother was here to collect her and oh she knew me and called me daddy?"

"Yes Luke, Sydney is your daughter," I exhaled slowly, realising shouting back at him wasn't going to get us anywhere, he had a right to be upset so I'm not going to refuse him the right to release his frustrations. Though if we were going to get anywhere, one of us needed to be level headed and I was going to be just that.

I've had enough practise after all.

"Are you sure though? I mean there's not chances she couldn't be cause you know-" Luke trailed off, not finishing his sentence but I knew what he was hinting at and although it infuriated me beyond belief that he thought I'd had sex with anyone else since he left, especially as I'd just told him earlier I hadn't found anyone else, I kept my cool.

"No Luke, I've uh only ever slept with you," I shook my head, clearly at a loss from where to go from here, "Look it's late and I can see you're all tired, we can talk about this but I'll just show you all your rooms cause I think they're all about to pass out," I nodded silently towards the other guys, as I decided where to put them all in my head.

They followed me quietly and I'm honestly not sure if they felt the atmosphere was too awkward to talk or they were shocked about Sydney and at a complete loss for words, "Guys please say something, I'm not sure what to say here and it's so awkward," I sighed as no one spoke and headed into the first room.

Pushing the door open to the guest room, which was decorated simply with cream walls and black furniture, a double bed in the centre of the room, the silence continued, "Okay so two of you can go in here, probably best to keep the snorers together," I joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Okay looks like you're bunking with me mate," Calum nudged Ashton who punched him back, as they headed in to the room.

"Those wardrobes and chest draws are empty  and you'll be here for a while so use them if you want, your bathroom is directly across the hall if you need it and if you leave your laundry in the basket in there I'll do it,"

"You're a gem Lil, but we can do our own washing it's ok," Ashton smiled, giving me a quick hug.

"Ite, I'm gonna crash though, I'm literally a walking zombie," Calum yawned clearly keen on the idea of his beauty rest, "Oh umm Lily? If you do need us though? Come get us yeah?" I nodded silently, walking over and hugging them both tightly.

"I'll explain it more to you tomorrow, then maybe the picture will be clearer," I sniffled, not wanting them to see me cry, "Go get your beauty rest losers," I chuckled pushing them on to the bed before leaving and closing the door behind me.

Luke and Michael were stood in the hallway waiting silently, "Alright where you putting us midget?" Michael tried to brighten the mood and I did laugh a little but with a silent Luke it was hard to focus, not knowing what he was thinking.

"Okay, you two can go in my room, it's basically the same as the other one but slightly bigger," I pushed the door to my room open and let them wander in, "Being as you're here for a while you can use the spare room in the draws and wardrobe, there's the bathroom through that door and uh I think that's everything? Same thing goes if you have any laundry.." I trailed off, not knowing what else I needed to tell them.

"Okay, thanks by the way Lil, for having us and putting up with what you know will be a messy week of food and man mess," Michael stretched obviously wanting to sleep more than anything, "I'm going to sleep and wait- if this is your bed, where are you sleeping?"

"I'll use the couch, or there's always Sydneys bed," I shrugged not wanting to cause an issue, "Look don't sweat it ok? Just go to sleep Mikey,"

"Okay, okay I'm going to bed, I'll leave you guys to talk but like Cal said, if you need us just call yeah?"

I nodded silently, knowing arguing with him would be pointless. "Night Mikey,"

"Night Lil, night Luke oh and Luke?" Michael called out as we were walking away.

"Hmmm?"

"One, you wake me up coming to bed I'll kill you and two, please listen to Lily, you need to listen to everything she has to say ok?" Michael pleaded as I walked further away, giving him the privacy to talk to Luke.

"Goodnight Mikey," he mumbled before following behind me.