T w e n t y N i n e

"I have a couple of pictures of them both, if you want to see them both together?" I sniffled, grabbing the tissues out the glove compartment box to wipe my eyes and nose, "They're in my phone here," I handed him my phone while I sat in silence, debating if I should tell him I argued with his manager twice, the day I went into early labour and gave birth because of stress.

"What's your password?" Luke croaked, glancing at me for a millisecond before realising he shouldn't even need to ask and typed in 160796, "I'm assuming it's the album named 'my everything' yeah?" he smiled slightly before moving to open the album, his thumb hovering.

"It helps the pain to look at them babe," I spoke quietly, he obviously wasn't expecting it because he looked up, his eyes probably that which mirrored mine, were red and puffy, "I don't know why but it helps, you feel grateful that you have something so small, so beautiful and precious that you can call yours. That you can say, you created two beautiful babies and no matter how young they were together or how long you had one for or even if through no fault of your own, you couldn't be there, you can still say you have two beautiful children that you love,"

I didn't need to say another word to try and convince him to open to album, he just did it and clicked the first photo. I only had six and he scrolled through them slowly, cherishing each and everyone, cracking a smile every now and then as he recognised small likenesses between us and the two of them because despite being four weeks old, small features had already begun appearing in them both from me and Luke and Liz was often the first to notice them.

"Sydney is kind of my double isn't she, don't you think? Lucas is like a clone of you, his eyes are your shape and colour, his hair sort of changes in the last photos to a darker shade, your shade and he has your nose too, one of my favourite things about you," his voice began to waver slightly and tears were running down my cheeks again and he spoke, the way he said Lucas is like you and has your eyes and hair as opposed as was like and had making me smile because he spoke like he was still with us unlike some of the professionals who I'd seen after he passed always spoke about him either like he never existed or wasn't around which I know he physically wasn't but emotionally he was and always will be, in my mind I have two beautiful babies.

The last two photos were not of Lucas and Sydney but of me and Luke. One was the one he took the day before he left and was the one I had printed on canvas at home on the wall, it was also Sydney's favourite and the other was us on the beach, Luke was sitting behind me with his arms around me, connecting around my mid section with his head in my shoulder watching me as I took the photo.

"You still have these?" He whispered, watching me with careful eyes as I started the car, I met his glance for split second, nodding before refocusing on the road, "Always have, always will, till the end of course,"

"Good because I still have them too, this ones my lock screen as well,"

He must of seen it was mine too then.