How It Began

"It happened before the tour started. I was looking for a job since my parents kicked me out. I searched for weeks trying to find job but nothing was looking good. No one would take me, god knows why. But then I came across an add on Craig's list. It said....."

2 months ago

"Hi, I was just calling to ask about the job offer...." Lauren began as se spoke hopefully into the phone.

"Yeah, why should I hire you?" The voice replies.

"It said that you needed a road manager, I have a full drivers license and I'm also qualified as a technician." The line fell silent for a few moments before Lauren heard a reply.

"Meet at Waverley park in one hour." Before Lauren could respond, the line went dead.

-

Once Lauren had turned up to the location she was instructed to, she saw no one in sight. That was until she saw someone in a black hoodie, sitting at a park bench.

"You're the chick from the ad right?" Lauren asks, keeping her distance.

The hooded figure nods, gesturing Lauren to sit down. "I understand you're in desperate need of cash. I can help you with that...."

Lauren's posture straightens out when the hooded figure caught her interest. "How much are we talking?"

"Considering I need you to do a big thing for me, a lot. You'll also get paid double because you'll be working two jobs," Lauren frowns, feeling the figures sketchy vibe grow.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Lauren asks confused.

"It's an undercover job and the only you'll get paid for both is to both. Here." The figure then hands Lauren a file with several papers in it. It was full of fake cover letters and resumes. "Use those to get into the job. Then I'll tell you what to do from there."

Lauren purses her lips, flicking through the pages. "This doesn't involve any illegal shit, does it?"

"It's nothing worse than being a drug dealer, which is what you'll result to if you don't take this job. I know you're environment Lauren. I can help you, if you help me." Lauren looks up for the file, closing it.

She then faces the figure with curious eyes. "What will I be doing exactly."

The hooded figure slowly arose their head, letting Lauren get a full view of their features.

"I need you to help me, out my girlfriend."

Present

"At first it was only Dinah who was supposed to be exposed. But then she slowly became obsessed, I mean with the skills she had, I probably would too."

The officer watches Lauren, tapping the top of his pen against his lips. "You said you wanted to drop everything before things got intense? Why did she still need you if she had the skills and the obsession?"

"Because I knew everything. I knew her plans, I knew what she was up to, who her next victim was, why she was doing it. I knew it all and she used that against me." Lauren let out a sigh, knowing she was already deep into what she had gotten herself into. "She made me lie about my age so people would take to me seriously, so they wouldn't assume I was some dumb teenager trying to earn money for online college. She made me get close to the girl I had slowly fallen for. She used Camila as a cover for me and when I tired to help, I ended up in here. I kept thinking, if I didn't take that stupid job, I wouldn't be here. But then again, if I didn't take it, I wouldn't have crossed paths with Y/n."

The officer watches as a tear seeps out of Lauren's eyes, watching as it slid down her cheek. He couldn't help but feel sorry for Lauren.

"Well if what you're saying is true, there are no actual charges against you. You can walk out of here being a victim of threat and manipulation. Of course this will go to court but you'll have to speak with your lawyer if you don't want any actual charges against you. You're be free to go, but before we go through with that, we're gonna need samples to prove there are no drugs in your system." Lauren nods, wiping the tear away with her shoulder.

"Can I ask for one thing?" Lauren pleads to the officer.

"What is it, kid?" He asks.

"Please let me see-" before lauren could finish, an officer came bursting into the office with his breath lost.

"Sheriff! There's a hostage situation, three females and a male. One of them described as a 17 year old, (Your hair color), (your eye color), and about (your height)." Lauren's eyes widen when the description of you was on point.

"That's Y/n! Please officer! You have to let me help you! I need to see her!" The officer stares at Lauren with unsure eyes.

"Fine. But one wrong move and I can't help you." Lauren nods, already coming up with a plan in her head.