Pretty Thoughts

Dinah laid in her bunk, thinking. She didn't know what she was feeling, but it was odd. Was it guilt? Curiosity? Anger? She didn't quite know.

Over the time she had been on this tour, she had gotten I know Camila on a level that was almost as if she was like a sister to her. So much that she couldn't believe what her friends and everyone else were saying. It had only just occurred to her now that, even assuming that Camila was the hacker, was beyond insane. Camila couldn't be the hacker. It just didn't make sense.

But there was the time where Dinah caught her in the tech room being awfully suspicious. But you know what they say, don't cut to conclusions until you have the whole story.

"I can't have this happen. I need to know her side of the story." Dinah mumbled as she pushed herself out of her bunk, in search of Camila.

Dinah: where are you?

Dinah bit her lip as she paced around the room, hoping Camila would get her message.

To her relief, Camila's name illuminated from her screen.

Camila: I'm really not in the mood to hear how much of a trash can I am

Dinah: that's not why I'm texting you, I want to know your side of the story

Camila: why?

Dinah: Idk, I just feel guilty for some reason

Camila: okay, where do you want to meet? I kind of left the tour this morning

Dinah: where r u staying?

Camila: the Glen Capri, room 15

Dinah: cool, I'll b there in a few minutes

Camila: k

Dinah held in her slightly pissed behaviour and let Camila's 'k' slide. She had more important things to do right at this moment.

After Dinah had called an Uber and arrived at the Glen Capri motel, she stood in front of Camila's door. "You better give me a good excuse to be on your side, Chancho."

Dinah then took a breath before knocking on Camila's door. A moment later, Camila opened the door wearing slightly depressing attire. She looked like a mess.

"Oh my god. What happened." Dinah asked studying Camila as if she were a homeless person.

"Are you here to listen to my side of the story? Or to judge me like everyone else is." Dinah pressed her lips into a line before brushing passed Camila.

"I'm here to listen. Now chop chop, we don't have all day." Camila sighed as she sat in front of Dinah, explaining what was necessary.

"First thing I wanna know is why you were in the tech- control room, whatever you call it." Camila bit her lip, debating whether or not she should tell Dinah.

"Okay. The reason why I was in the room was because of," Camila stopped mid sentence as she grabbed out her phone, turning it on, revealing her lockscreen. "Her."

Dinah frowned as she took Camila's phone. She then looked at to closely, seeing a girl. She looked around about the age of 7.

"Who is she?" Camila sighed again as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"My little sister." Dinah frowned as several thoughts ran through her head.

"What does she have to do with this?"

"She's the reason I was always in there. The wifi sucked everywhere else and I only had like 1 minute and 50 seconds with her every second day. I couldn't have any interruptions." Dinah's eye brows scrunched as the mixed up information tried to figure itself out.

"Wait so, why do you only have that much time with her?" This is when Camila's state of mind, wasn't in the right place. It made her uncomfortable just thinking about it.

"Let's just say my parents weren't so happy with me when they found out I like girls." Then it hit Dinah like a sledgehammer. Her parents were homophobic. Typical.

"Your parents kicked you out." Camila nodded as she wiped the tear that was tickling her cheek.

"They won't let me see her. They won't even let me talk to her. Facetime is the only communication we have. She doesn't have a phone which sucks but we m-make due." Dinah sucked her tongue as she pulled Camila into her arms, rubbing her back for comfort.

Dinah was now realising that Camila didn't deserve all this hate and judgement. She was also convincing herself that she wasn't the hacker.

"Camila. I want you to be completely honest with me." Camila nodded as she pulled away, looking at Dinah with puffy eyes.

"What is it?"

"Are you really the hacker?" Camila tensed at Dinah's question.

A million thoughts were going through her head. She had to keep her mouth shut or she could make things worse.

"Y-you have to leave." Camila said quickly, wiping her tears as she escorted Dinah out of the room.

"What? Camila, what are you doing?" Camila didn't say anything, she just pushed Dinah out of the room and locked the door.

"What the heck!?" Dinah exclaimed, banging on the door, even more desperate than she was before.

"Open this door Camila! I want answers!"

Camila shut her eyes tight, putting her headphones on full, waiting for Dinah to eventually leave.

She couldn't say anything. She had no choice but to keep her mouth shut. Just like she was told.