Harmless Deals

My eyes never left the direction, Camila left. My leg also couldn't stop shaking. Why did she just walk off like that?

"Go," I heard someone whisper in my ear.

I turned my head to see Veronica with a warm smile on her face.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Go get her so she doesn't cause trouble or whatever. I can tell her presence is important to you so go," I smiled at my now, new friend. I then thanked her before running off in the direction of where Camila ran.

Just as I was about to turn a corner, I bumped into someone, hard might I add.

"Ow! Watch it dumbass," A girl with black attire, growled. I glared at her and rubbed my affected area. Which was my head just in case you were wondering.

"I'm sorry for bumping into you but you don't have to be rude," The girls eyes widen as she met my eyes.

"Fuck, you're pretty," my glare softened at her words. I slightly blushed too.

"I mean, sorry. I'm just a little cranky. My boss is making me wake up early for this," I nod understandingly, she has really pretty eyes. Wow.

"You're working here? What do you do?" The girl ran her fingers through her hair, making me physically swoon.

"I'm the road manager, I basically run the tour buses for the female line up. But enough about that, what's your name?" I was about to answer but then I remembered Camila, I need to find her.

"My names, Y/n. And I'm sorry but I really gotta find someone. But what's your name before I go?" The girl flashed me a charming smile before answering.

"Lauren," Lauren. It suits her.

"Nice meeting you, Lauren. Ill see you around!" I yell since I backed away as she said her name, just to give me a head start.

"You too!" She replied. I smiled to myself before continuing my search for Camila.

I stopped at a room that had the door, slightly open. The room was labeled 'Line Up', she could be in here.

Without knocking, I lightly pushed the door open to see Camila siting by the window, reading a book and listening to music.

"Camila?" I call, loud enough for her to hear. Her head shot towards me with a sad expression.

I decided to approach her since I had her attention. When I was at a reasonable distance, she removed her headphones.

"What?" She asked, looking out of the window.

"Why did you run out? Did something happen?" Camila chose to ignore my question which left me puzzled. Why is she being like this? Did I do something?

"Camila, did I do something to upset you?" The little Cuban let out a sigh as she finally made eye contact.

"I'm not ignoring you. I'm just, confused." It's funny how her confusion is making me confused. Did that make sense?

"Confused about what?" She shrugged, playing with her fingers. I knew she was lying but I don't want to push her. If she wants to tell me, she will.

"Well when you find out. I'm here, you can tell me anything okay," Camila nodded before putting her headphones back in.

I sighed and left the room. Hopefully she opens up to me and shares what's on her mind.

I didn't realise it yet but my feet had somehow taken me back to the stage.

"Hi ah, I'm sorry but I'm lost and I don't know if I'm meant to be here," I looked at the girl who asked me for help. She wore a crop top and pencil skirt. It was a cute outfit.

"Okay, are you apart of the line up?" She nodded and I hummed.

"Sound check is where you should be which is just over there." The girl thanked me and was just about to leave but I stopped her.

"What's your name by the way?"

"Normani. Yours?" I flashed her a friendly smile.

"Y/n, I'll see you later Normani. I gotta go talk to someone," she nodded before leaving.

"Y/n! There you are! I need to speak with you," I groaned as I saw my dad coming my way.

"What do you want?" I ask a little rudely, probably because it's way too early for me to be awake.

"You need to keep this and this with you," I frowned in confusion as my dad handed me a walkie talkie and a clipboard with people's names on them.

"Ummmm, why?"

"Good news. You're the new assistant manager. Good luck! Peace!" Before I could debate, my dad ran off, giggling. That cheeky butthole.

"What the heck is an assistant manager supposed to do!?" I whisper yell to myself.

"Wow. Aren't you a little young to be an assistant manager?" I turned around on my heels to see Lauren with a slight smirk.

"Um I don't know. Probably? Am I?" Lauren giggled and nodded.

"Maybe a little. But since you're the assistant manager, you're in charge of all crew and line up. Including me, do you feel like a queen?" I laughed and shook my head. Me, a queen? Of her? No way.

"I doubt it. You're more queen material than me," Lauren scoffed.

"Nah, I'm not someone who likes royalty. I'm more of a chill person that goes with the flow and forgets orders so if I were you, don't expect me to do something you ask cause I'll most likely forget," both of us burst out laughing. This girl has a sense of humour, nice.

"So what are you doing now, boss?" I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I'm not your boss and if you must know. I have no idea what I'm doing," Lauren smirked.

"How about we make a deal?" I nod slowly in an interested manner.

"I'll help you with managing this fiasco and in return, you tell me about yourself," I bit my lip, debating whether or not to accept. It's not a bad deal so why not. It's just a harmless deal.

"Deal. Starting now cause I have no clue of where I should be,"

"Okay then. Deal,"