Pills And Potions

You looked at yourself one last time, making sure your outfit was good to go.

"You look, wow." You jumped at the sound of someone's voice.

"What are you doing in here?" You ask, tossing your hair to the side. Lauren smiled as she approached you.

"I came to check on you, and also to apologise. I shouldn't have pressured you into saying your feelings towards me. I just wanted to know if I had a chance." You blushed slightly, struggling to hide your cheeks as they flooded with heat.

"You do have a chance, believe me. I just don't know whether I'm ready to give it to you just yet." Lauren nodded in understanding as she reached for your hand.

"So I'm guessing it's just friends, for now?" You made an awkward face with your lips before replying.

"If that's okay with you?" Lauren smiled as she stepped a little closer.

"Definitely okay. But can I at least get a hug?" You nodded before wrapping your arms around Lauren's neck as she wrapped hers around your waist.

both of you sighed comfortably, enjoying the contact the both of you shared.

"This is nice." Lauren hummed as she held you tighter.

Realisation suddenly hit you so you pulled away. You had tight schedule and needed to go through with the plan or else you'd be stuck here with Lauren.

"Ahem, I gotta go." You say pulling away from Lauren who seemed slightly disappointed.

"Yeah, I understand. I have to help with the party anyway. You're going right?" You nodded, collecting your purse.

"Cool. I'll walk you." You thanked Lauren before intertwining your fingers and walking into the venue.

-

"Oh my god, how many times do I have to say I'm sorry in order for you to forgive me." Dinah asked as she her arms crossed over her chest, irritated by the way Normani was acting.

"Shut up. I'm trying to find some Pokémon." Normani mumbled as she looked at we phone intently. "And, You wouldn't have to apologise at all if you'd just tell your parents that you're gay!" Dinah threw her hands up as she gave up trying to settle ground between herself and Normani.

"For the last time, they'll break us up!" Normani and Dinah fell into yet another silence as the engine of the car, filled their ears.

"Sometimes I think they're not the thing that'll break us up..." Normani whispered as she stared out of the window.

"What's that supposed to mean-"

"We're here." The driver said as he pulled into the parking lot. Normani thanked the driver before tossing him a few bills, ignoring the fact that Dinah was trying to catch her attention.

"Mani, wait." Dinah begged as the both of them entered the store, hearing the doors ding when they opened.

"No, I'm done waiting." Normani said as she searched the isles, looking for the drug they needed.

Normani stopped as she came across the right isle.

"What are you trying to say...." Dinah asked, her voice cracking because of the unpredictable situation that was upon her.

"I don't know. Let's just get out of here." Normani mumbled as she grabbed a random box of pills, ignoring the pouting Dinah behind her.

"No, I want to fix this. What do I have to do, to fix this?" Dinah begged as Normani tossed the box of drugs on the counter.