Chapter 27

King

"Where is my fucking girl?"I shouted at the trap.

They all stared at me. I know she wasn't here,  but I still wanted a answer. I wanted to take my anger out on someone, something. I was dying without her.

"How are we supposed to know King? If I don't know then no one does,"Lia said rolling her eyes.

She's been on the case for the past week, and I can tell it's wore her out. She is constantly being sarcastic. I need Maddy.

My life has been a living hell. Lay mad as hell. Grace is 'crying'. Lia is bored. It's just not going right. I gotta get Maddy back and asap.

"Just find Maddy," I mumbled. "Y'all dismissed."

MADDY

"Carter stop,"I giggled.

He turned me on my back and start blowing on my tummy. I'm really ticklish and he knows that. He looked up at me while I was dying from laughter trying to get him off of me. He placed his head in between my legs and I squeezed them together.

Already knowing where this was going I sat up and he did too. He placed his head on my lap while I played in his hair. He traced the tattoo we got last year together. It wasn't his name nope. It was simple.

As a kid Carter and I loved the movie Beauty & the Beast. It was our movie and we still watch it all the time. I got a tattoo that said 'Beauty'. It was really cute. He got the tattoo the beast in bold letters with a rose beside it. While mine had books. It was cute. I don't know if he like it but I did.

"You didn't get it removed?"He asked still tracing the books.

"No, I liked it,"I shrugged fixing his Bantu knots.

"Mhmmm,"He said looking up at me.

I flicked him off and he laughed getting off of me. He was about to kiss me but the doorbell rung. He grabbed my arm and pulled me downstairs to the foyer.

The door opened and in walked his family. That's was so unexpected. I guess he got back on good terms with them. Carter wasn't always the best with the term 'Family'. He didn't really fuck with nobody and that include some his family.

His mama stood looking at the staircase. Did I mention that their house back in Tallahassee was 3x bigger than this? Then had a theater, pool, golf yard, park, and don't forget the barn that held a lot of parties. Their house was humongous.

The governor was put to shame when he came to dinner.

"This foyer is so...plain,"His mother said putting her bags down. "Typical Carter,"She mumbled

Her eye she darted towards me. I stood on the staircase leaning against the wall. I had on some red basketball shorts and a white tank top. I was in the house so what should I look like?

"You didn't tell me you had...company over Carter,"She said walking into the kitchen.

Carter shot me a look. We all knew what that look was.

Just ignore her for me.

Ima ignore her all right. He pulled me into the kitchen. His father was standing against the wall taking a phone call. It was obviously pretty deep because he was paying no attention to me. Usually he would greet me and ask about my family. Since he was my sis-

"Madison, you haven't changed one bit,"She exclaimed smiling at me.

"I try not too,"I smile do fakely.