Chapter 5

MADDY

The smell of bacon flooded my nostrils. Light escaped the through the blinds. Church music played loudly. This was my type on environment. I sat up and fixed my shirt that I had on.

Grace and I wore the same exact size, which made me happy. She gave me a tank top and some shorts along with some un-opened boy shorts, and I just kept the same bra on.

Yolanda said she would take us shopping today. I think I had some money in my back account...my personal bank account.

When Carter was here everyweek I took out a thousands of dollars and put it in my personal account. So if he left I would still have some money to get on my feet.

Who am I kidding, I probably have about $80,000 in that account. I just don't have the card.

"Good morning, sleepy head! You want to shower?"Grace said over the loud music.

I nodded. She threw me a Victoria Secret bag that had some bra's my exact size.

"Thanks, how'd yo-"

"I work at Vicky's. I know everyone's bra size,"She said with a chuckle.

She threw me some clothes. It was actually cute too. I got in the shower and let the hot water run down my body. I wonder if shit would still be the same if I didn't get out that car. Well at least I don't have to worry about King finding me for a while. After I washed my body I brushed my teeth and washed my face. My clothes were already neatly ironed making me smile. I put them on quickly.

It was a white lace shirt and some blue jean short, accessorized with a black belt and a flower headband to keep my hair back.I had some white flip flops so I wasn't worried about shoes.

I walked downstairs and saw Yolanda,Some man,and Grace standing there

"Yas hunty! You slay boo!"Grace said smiling.

"Girl hush up with all that! Good lord almighty please help this child,"Yolanda slapped the back of her head.

Grace put a plates on the table and everyone sat down to eat. Yolanda prayed and we started eating.

For a 21 year old woman I'm a very picky eater. I don't really like to eat everything. My mom said it was a stage, but honestly I think it's just a trait of me.

Breakfast included eggs, ham, biscuits, blueberry muffins, and some orange juice or coffee. It was good. I haven't ate good in a while.

"Oh Maddy,Meet my husband PJ,"Yolanda said.

This man aged well.Too well to be exact.

"Hi,Maddy,"He said,he pulled me in for a hug

I blushed a little. Was I falling for a 60 year old man?I hope not but he is fine. Let me stop.

"Well,Grace you two girls can go shopping. Ace will be over here in a couple minutes too take you tw-"

"Auntie! Why? I am perfectly capable of driving,"Grace whined.

I'm anxious to meet this Ace. I'm trying to see if I am on Yolanda side or Grace's side.

"Oh really? What happened to my 2016 land Range Rover?"Yolanda asked

"And my 2016 Jaguar XF?"Pj asked.

"And your 2016 Nissan Maxima?"They said at the same time.

"Ok I understand. I wreck to much!"Grace said putting her dishes in the sink.

I stood up with her and helped washed our dishes. It was the least I could do.

"You don't have to do that-"

"It's the least I can do Mrs.Yolanda. For letting a stranger be your guest, and welcoming me to your home. I seriously appreciate it."

She mumbled something and hugged me. PJ hugged me again and walked off.

After I washed the dishes, I swept the kitchen and, wiped down her marble counters. Once it was spotless I saw grace with my phone in her hand.

"I charged this for you. I didn't know if you needed it,"She tossed it to me.

"Thanks."

I smiled. I noticed all the text messages from my mother and father. One was from Carter.

From Carter
6/24/16
Received at 12:45pm

Did I leave my phone case on the dresser?

I rolled my eyes and out my phone in my pocket. A car pulled up making me smile.

It was time to meet Ace.

"Auntie! Ace here! We will be back around 3ish maybe?"Grace shouted before running out the door.

I walked out behind her. She had a little girl who looked so familiar in her arms.

"Go inside and see granny,"Grace said.

The little girl waved at me. I waved back and notice the cast on her arm.

It couldn't be her. No,I mean it's just a coincidence. Lots of kids break their arms right?

She ran inside. Yolanda waved at us and I waved back.

I turned around and saw him getting out the car.

Oh shit.

KING

How this girl found my mama?My mama said she found a girl walking around so picked her up.

You wouldn't think it was Madison. I was getting out the car when I noticed her expression change.She had her arms crossed and a smug on her face.

"Ace meet Madison, Madison meet Ace."

I shot her a look. She know better than using my government.

I held out my hand to shake her's. She slapped my hand away and got in the backseat of my 2016 Telsa Model s.

Grace looked confused. I waved her off and got in the car while Grace kicked rocks taking her time to get in.

Finally once she was in we headed off to the mall.

Let's see what today holds.