Chapter 17

KING

My eyes turned to my phone ringing. It was a unknown number. I hate when this happens. It was on my real phone.

I got two phones. One for work and hoes, and the other for friends and family.

I turned it off I grabbed my covers and sheets. Maddy dumb ass made them wet, with water, as hell. Once I put them in washer. I headed upstairs and took a shower.

Unlike the stereotypical black father, I knew how to cook and clean. When I was younger I had to learn. My mama made huge scenes talking about, "I won't have a son who can't cook and clean". My doorbell rang making me jump in the shower. Don't nobody ring my doorbell.

MADDY

"Bitch how the fuck you do this?"Amelia said.

We were eating lunch with Keyaira. Everyone
loved her and so did I. She was mad cool people. She didn't start stupid ass shit for nothing.

"It's just like this. I just dyed it."

"The red looks so pretty on you Keyaira,"I said while taking a sip of my drink.

"Girl if you call me Keyaira again..."She giggled softly. "Call me Key."

"Ok girl,"I said laughing along.

Amelia continued to play in her hair. I kicked her under the table. She rolled her eyes and took her hand away.

"So what do you all do?"Key asked.

"I play men, and go to Bennett,"Amelia said proudly.

Amelia loves telling people what she do. If you ask she got a automatic answer.

"Well then..."Key said giving her a look.

"I go to the same college as Lia. I also work at Vicky's."

"You forgot about your tv show...my 600lbs life."

We all laughed, except Grace. She gave us a pouty face.

"I am not fat,"She whined.

Lia laughed, " The reason we could get you here was food,"Lia said taking a bite of her burger.

I ate my french fries quietly. Key shot me a look and laughed.

"Whatever Mrs.Foodnet wo-"

"IM NOT FAT!"Grace shouted flipping her played upside down.

I stared at her. What the hell? Grace never didn't this shit.

Grace slipped a piece of hair behind her ear, "I am so sorry. I did not mean too."

Amelia stared at her and pointed.

"Is there something you want to share Gra-"

"Bitch you pregnant,"Amelia shouted.

"Amelia are you cr-"

"Who the daddy? That nigga Malachi from Foot locker?"Amelia asked

"Amelia?"

"You four months along ain't you? With the oversized clothes and jackets. I'm not stupid Grace,"Amelia took a sip of her water.

My girl some went from drinking out the bottle to drinking from the faucet.

"Ok look maybe I a-"

"A crying shame. Y'all known each other for two years and you gave him the punani you couldn't wait damn?"Lia asked.

"Lia shut up!"I said kicking her under the table.

"You gon stop kicking me nigga."

"Aww! A baby will be so cute on you! Your so small though,"Key said with a smile.

"Thanks,"Grace smiled shyly.

"Have you told Malachi though?"Lia asked.

Grace's face turned red. I kicked Lia under the table and she shouted in pain. I looked at her drinking from the liquor bottle.

The waiter walked by our table. Great, we getting kicked out.

"Look he was just talking about not having children. He doesn't want any right now."

"How the hell he don't want children but can't wrap it up?"Lia asked.

She pulled a carrot cake out of her purse, and started to cut a piece.

"He wanted me to be on birth control but I haven't taken the pills."

"He gon think you trapping him girl,"Amelia stuffed some cake in her mouth and drink some more liquor.

I kicked her under the table and Key laughed.

"Kick me again hoe,"She gritted.

"Just explain to him. He should understand. If he don't, I'll be the daddy,"Key said touching Grace hand.

"HELL NO I CALL DADDY!"Lia shouted.

"Lia are you drunk?"I asked in a whisper.

"Ladies we are going to ask you to leave,"The manager said to us.

"Why?"Lia slurred

I put some cash on the table and got up with Grace who put on her jacket. Key got up and grabbed her purse.

"Our company had a no outside food policy."

"Who the fuck wanna by a $50 burger though. Fuck your food!"Lia shouted.

She grabbed the plate and was about to throw it at him. I reached across the table and snatched it. She squinted and threw the French fry in his eye. Who the fuck taught this girl how to aim? Whoever did need to unteach her because her aim is always on a thousand. How she hit him in the eyes with a french fry?

"Lia get your as-"

I dragged her out of the place while Key and Grace followed not far behind. Lia leaned against the car drinking out her bottle. How this girl get drunk this quick? Then again she did finish the whole damn bottle. I swear you can't go anywhere with her.

"Why y'all staring? Y'all want some? I got vodka ,a lil hennessy, got a couple peach c-"

"Lia stop!"I demanded.

"Ok I got wine too,"She said pulling out some wine.

How the fuck all this shit get in her purse? Her purse small and she got about 10 bottle in there.

"Lia you don't need nothing else. Get your ass in that car,"She groaned. "The purse Amelia"I held out my hand.

She whined and put it in my hand and got in the car. Once she was in I opened up the bag.

"What y'all want?"I asked openimg the bag.

"Let me get that peach ciroc,"Key said.

I handed it too her. I also gave Grace a bottle of Hennessy.

"If he try you...this your weapon,"I told her.

We said our goodbyes and parted ways.