Chapter 1

KING

I pulled into the driveway of the daycare Layla goes too. This whole street life wasn't going to affect my baby's education. Putting her in a daycare was probably my toughest decision yet. It was either my moms house or daycare.

"Hi Mr.Harper! How was your day?"Ms.Riley asked.

She was the happy owner of this daycare. She was like 60 something, and always had a smile on her face. She never turned down anyone. I remember when I had little money to pay the bill for Layla. Ms.Riley let me by for a two weeks, and now I donate money all the time.

"It was okay. How about yours?"I asked.

"Not very pleasant, but kids will be kids. Layla!Your father is here!"Ms.Riley shouted.

Layla came running to me. I bent down, and opened my arms for her to give me a wide hug. She hugged me.

"Layla was really nice today. She learned the importance of sharing."

"Yes daddy I shared my paint!"

"That's good baby. Come on, let's go home. It's getting late mama,"I said as I picked her up.

"Bye Layla! Bye Mr.Harper!"

"Bye Ms.Riley."

We walked outside. It was around 6, so it was getting to be dark.

"Ohh daddy your shirt!"Layla laughed

"What happened?"

She just giggled. I put her in the car as I looked at her confused. I stopped by Sonic and got us something to eat. They tater tots be banging.

Ten minutes later, we were finally home, and I unloaded the car. Layla ran to the house, and waited for me to open the door. I put her food on the table and went upstairs to change my clothes.

"What the he-LAYLA!"I shouted.

I looked at my shirt and noticed her handprints with purple paint on the back.

"Yes daddy?"She asked looking so innocent.

"Look what you did,"I mumbled showing her the shirt.

She giggled.

"This cost a lot of money Layla,"I said sternly

"You said we had lots of money."

"We do bu-Daddy loves you alright?"I kissed her cheek.

"Love you too! Can I see Arielle tomorrow since it is the weekend?"She asked.

I laughed a little, "Sure I'll see talk to tony."

She ran off. I tried to the paint out of my shirt but it wasn't working. I finally gave up and just decided to leave the shirt the way it is. It wasn't ugly though.