Chapter Nine: Ha! More like your in love with me.

Start from the beginning

He scoffs, "all of your defence mechanisims to not admit that your in love with me, Skyler Rose Hastings, are adorable."

"Ha! More like your in love with me."

He nods, "your right I am completely in love with you. Its tragic really."

I roll my eyes at him, "obnoxious."

He smiles down at me and stops us in front of Rowan.

Rowan points to the guy next to him, "guys this is Jeremy, my dorm mate. Jere, this is my sister and Greyson a old friend from my town."

The guy nods his head with a smile, "nice to finally meet you Skye. I've heard many things about you."

I always get nervous when people say that.

"Oh goodness, what has Rowan told you?"

He laughs lightly and blushes, "only nice things."

"Oh well I could tell you all the bad things if you would like," Greyson interjects.

I glare at him and push him away from me, "don't mind him." I say to Jeremy, "hes just the driver for this trip."

Greyson rolls his eyes, "keep talking like that and you'll get left behind."

I cross my arms, "leave me behind and I'll tell your mom on you."

He crosses his arms and stares me down, "go ahead, my mom holds nothing over me."

I raise an eyebrow, "is that right?" I ask challengly, "so I didn't see you break down in tears to your mom when you stole a cookie and she caught you? That was some other Greyson Aleksander Black that was weeping, 'please, please mommy. I'll never do it again'?"

He glares at me, "you promised me that you would never repeat the happenings of that day."

I turn away from him, "well I guess I forgot."

"You'll pay, love."

I wave my hand dismissively at him, "doubtful, love."

Jeremy looks oddly at Rowan, "do they always act like that?"

Rowan rolls his eyes, "it never ends."

***

We spent the whole afternoon with Rowan. He showed us his dorm, it was pretty simple. Small bed, desk cluttered with books and random papers, posters of his favorite basketball players hanging above his bed, and pictures of me, mom, and dad.

He had a lot of pictures of dad, and the first basketball dad ever got him sitting right next to them.

I remember when he got that ball he came and shoved it in my face, saying dad loved him more. I recall punching him in the nose and saying that dad doesn't want a vile mouthed son.

Mom got mad at me, but when they were punishing me I saw dad smile slightly. He later told me that it was not kind to punch people, especially my brother, but that I handled the situation very well and that it would teach 'Willie' to say something like that again.

'Willie' was what my dad would call Rowan.

"What are you thinking about?"

I look over at Greyson, his black sweatshirt if half zipped up with the stings gone, his hair is tousled from the night breeze flowing through the window.

I reach back and grab a sweatshirt, pulling it over my head and tightening my small pony tail, "my dad."

He glances over at me. We've been driving for a couple hours and we've been relatively quite, besided music softly playing in the background.

He smiles slightly, one of his hands on the wheel while the other is holding his head up with his elbow propped against the window, "do you remeber the first time I met your dad?"

I smile, "yeah. He said that you were gonna be the most beautiful boy he would ever see. With that black hair, and those stormy blue eyes."

Greyson bites his bottom lip with a bright smile, "he then told me to beware of you because one day you might break my heart."

I gasp, "he did not!"

He nods still with that smile, "it was right after you had ran after Rowan because he poured ketchup on your head. He crouched down, grabbed my shoulders and said, 'son, you may not realise it yet but my girl is gonna be the biggest mile stone in your life.' I had no idea what he was talking about. I was only eight, for goodness sake."

I shake my head, "and you know now?"

He rubs his fingers along the slight scruff on his jaw, "took me a couple years but I figured it out."

I cross my legs on the seat and get comfortable, outside the window I see the fimilar landmarks. Were almost home.

"What did he mean?"

He doesn't answer for a while, as if hes deciding whether to tell me or not. Within that bit of silence we reach our houses. He pulls into his driveway and stops the car.

He turns to me, "your moms not home."

I look over to see that, if fact, she is not home. I'll have to look at my phone to see if she called. I turn back to Greyson, "can I hangout for a while?"

He nods and gets out of the car, I want to beg him to tell me what my dad meant. But I know Greyson is just as stubborn as I am, he won't tell me until he feels like it.

When I walk inside I see him and his mom hugging, she pulls back and pats his cheek with a smile. I watch as he kisses his mom on the cheek and waves his hand at me to follow him.

Amy waves at me and walks towards her room, I wave back and follow Greyson back up the stairs towards his room. And up to our spot.

For some reason it dawns on my right now that this has been the most civil me and Greyson have ever been towards each other. Its always been bickering, or fighting, or annoying, never just talking.

By the time I get up on the roof Greyson is already sitting up there looking up at the sky. I go and sit next to him, trying to avoid how the stars twinkle in the reflection of his eyes.

He turns to me with a faint smile, "do you remember the first time we met?"

***

Hey there!

Thank you for reading. Vote, comment, and all that jazz!

Happy readings!