Chapter 31-Visitations

Start from the beginning

Moments after she spoke, Alec felt heat crawl up his cheeks and he darted out of her hold. He looked down at his feet, avoiding eye contact with her for the moment. He heard her chuckle, along with the others present in the lounge. Still, he did not dare to look up.

"And apparently, a shy one too," she said. Solana and Knox laughed, and he couldn't resist sending them both one of his cold glares. They both clamped their mouths shut after a few moments. He looked back to his front when he heard deep laughter come from a man. He found himself staring into his smiling grey eyes as he stood next to the woman.

"Who wouldn't shy away when my beautiful wife compliments them?" he said. He wrapped a hand around her waist, and gave her temple a kiss. A small smile flitted to Alec's lips.

"Oh save your flattering words for people who actually need to hear them, Edrik," the woman said. "I am quite aware of my beauty and how I look a few years younger than my real age. I don't need constant reminder of it."

Laughter erupted from the other three, and Alec suppressed the grin threatening to form on his face. The man named Edrik laughed at his wife's words as well, before he broke away from her. He faced Alec with an outstretched hand.

"Edrik Munstone," he said. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

He took his hand, and they firmly shook it.

"Alec Arden," he said. "The pleasure is all mine, sir."

"This is my wife, Zandria," he said. Alec bowed his head at the woman, and she curtsied back with a laugh. "And I am sure you now know where Solana got her proud attitude from."

Alec chuckled when he saw Solana's mother narrow her almond-shaped eyes at Edrik. He turned to Solana and found her doing the same at her father.

"Whatever did you mean by that, father?" she said.

Knox and Gael broke into a fit of laughter that for sure awoke the very few occupants of the dorm still deep in their slumber.

Alec heard shrill shrieks come from behind him. He turned, only to have his breath knocked out from him. He looked down and caught Entiny before she fell to the floor. The Draeling shook her head from the impact she received, before looking up at him. An amused smile flew to his lips when he saw her trying to glare at him. He chuckled, and brought the Drae's head close to his face.

"What did I do to receive one of your rare glares, Lucky?" he said. Entiny growled at him while wiggling out of his hold. When she broke free, she ran up his arm, and draped herself over his right shoulder. He looked up when he saw his Midnight and Leyan flying to him. He caught them in his arms when they folded their wings.

"What is wrong with you three?" Alec said. "I only left you for a few minutes."

"Draelings tend to stick close to their Draeyers," Zandria said. "Just like a child craving for their parents' attention."

He turned back to the others, and found all of them smiling at him and the other three.

"So it is true," Edrik said. "After 200 years, triplets Draes are born. It's quite exciting to see them up close. May I pet them?"

Alec nodded, and set the unwilling Draelings down on a nearby couch. He gave them the look he used when he wanted them to behave. The Draelings stared up at him almost the same way he had seen whining children do, before shifting their amber eyes to the twins' parents. Edrik and Zandria kneeled on the floor in front of them.

Alec sighed in relief when he was sure the triplets weren't going to do anything. The last time someone tried to pet them, his classmates almost had their fingers bitten off. It would seem that just like when they were still in their egg, they wouldn't just let anyone touch them. He sat next to Gael, still keeping a close eye on the baby Draes.