Chapter-37

Erica's pov

It's been two weeks since that incident. I am very happy to deliver the news that finally things seem to settle between Steve and his mom. I mean the biological one. Well, so turns out Steve does has a Step-sister. Well, she is very nice and loving, and a 9 year old should be. As soon as I met her I knew we were going to be friends, though she is younger to me. At first Steve did not take all this meeting new members nicely, but now he does. He is accepting things, and so am I.

It is a new start for the two of us. Well now it's only one month and a few days more left for the wedding, my wedding. Mom is practically twisting the world around to search the best dress for me. Yeah! The dress is on her. My dad is going to do all the decorative arrangements. And the rest will be done by Steve. All I have to do is sit and wait for a wedding.

"Perfect wedding. Correct your thought." Steve speaks in between trying to push a street's blue ribbon ice-cream box inside.

"What are you doing? Reading my mind?" I grab a ben and jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough and look at the trolley ready to blast anytime soon. I glare at Steve angrily.

"I just knew you might be thinking about our wedding. Kind of guessed." He manages a smirk but it disappeared as he looks at my angry face.

"What did I do?" He pouts. God! I love him when he does these things.

"You stuffed the trolley. Go and get another one fast." I order him and he rushed to get another one. I giggle at myself and keep aside more ice cream tubes. Me and Steve decided to stuff our new house with food. We will be moving in our stuff in a week so why not fill the refrigerator and the kitchen with the thing we both love the most. Food. The thing we both want the most is ice-cream. So our trolley is like half filled with ice-cream when we have a big list yet to be bought.

"I never thought you would manage to snatch all the guys away from me." I jump at the voice and turn to the familiar voice. Layla. But what is she saying. I give her the questioned look.

"Don't act like that, you know what I am talking about. First Matt, then Steven." She says. Ohh now I get it.

"You talk as if they were only two. I bet there were many more." I roll my eyes.

"Many more is a word for you. Whore." She says.

"Layla it would be very ordinary for you to put up a show at a public place. But thats not me. Now excuse me." I say with a grin as I notice her nostrils flare.

"Who do you think you are bitch? I'll tell you. YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A CHEAT." She smirks. Her words hit me like cold icy water.

"You, are no difference than me. You did the same thing I did to Matt. There is no difference between you and me. But still you are worst than me. You slept with a more rich guy. While your boyfriend was away on a business trip." I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"She is nothing like you." That voice I had been dying to listen to. I tilt my head and tears flow from my eyes seeing the figure next to me.

"She did what her heart wanted her to, even though she loved Steven, She was ready to Marry Matt, because she did not want anyone to get hurt. Now if you have been done whoring around you can leave." Layla looks shocked and she glares at her turning her feet to leave.

"Eric. Take a stand woman." She says. I don't know what came over me the next thing I know I did was a slap.

"Fuck. What was that for woman. I am pregnant can't you see." She screams holding her cheek. I quickly notice the bump.

"Why did you come now lily?" I ask her. I am alot upset than she thinks I am.

"Couldn't miss my soulmate's wedding for the whole world." She chuckles.