Chapter 17

Erica's pov

Okay, so everything is ready, finally after 2 hours of cooking I was able to make meat pie and fish and chips.

The lunch was enough and appropriate for the two of us. For desert I decide to use some ice-cream which I already have in the freezer. After working in the kitchen I move and set the dinning table. I place the food on the table and cover it so it remains hot.

Its 12:30 I still got half hour more so I decide to give Matt a call and inform him about today.

Unfortunately Matt's cell was unreachable, so I did not even leave a voice message.

There was a knock on my door, but who can it be? Steven won't come so soon. I move towards the door and open it, only to see lily standing there with shopping bags.

"Hey Eric, where the hell have you been" she walks past me inside the house and I shut the door. She places the bags on the couch and folds her hand upto her chest to give me the look.

"Nothing, I said you I was busy." I say as I sit on the couch.

"Busy? Care to explain that to your best friend?" She says in a very demanding voice. By that tone I knew I had to spell the beans. Go for it Erica.

"I was uhh..uhh out." I take a deep breath.
"IwashangingoutwithSteven." She looks at me shocked. Lily can even understand my mixed up words. This is a best friend.

"Who Steven.? Waiitt.. Th..that coffee guy. I mean that idiot.?" She says shockingly.

"Yeah, li he is not that bad we are friends now, and he is a great company I tell you." I say with my most innocent face.

"Eric, I trust your decision, its just that you never made friends," she pauses, "Actually I am happy for you" she smiles and lands on me to give me hug but instead we both crash on the couch and roll on the floor  And laugh like fools.

Ding dong.

"Who's it?" Li asks.

"That might be Steven. He came over lunch. Okay be polite." I say her as I straightened my black skirt and move towards the door.

I see li one last time as she makes herself comfortable. And I open the door. There he stands in a grey t-shirt and black jeans. Were we following a dress code.?

"No we were not. I guess we just matched." he smirks. Did I think that loud.

"Yeah, come in, lili is also home." I smile as he enters.

I close the door and turn only to see Li awkwardly smile at Steven.

"Steve, this is my best friend lily. And li this is Steven" I introduced both of them.