Chapter 27

Erica's pov

All I need is courage, after all this time I never had any courage to admit my feelings. My true feelings. I am a piece of shit. How can I be so confusing.? I claimed that I love Matt for 2 years. And now with Steven, I feel I love him. Well that's the difference, I always wanted to help Matt, after all he was my best-friend less sister's brother. And not having any relationship's untill the age of 18 made me more desperate, I guess I had attraction to the first guy I got involved with.

I know, I am a cheat. But this is life, after all whatever happens, it happens for a reason. With Steven, I felt so.. So lifefull.

God, Erica, Lifefull is not even a word.

I don't deny that I love Steve, I love him with all my heart, but he hurt me. All he needed was revenge. For him, I was going to hurt Matt. How could I be so stupid? I don't deny that he doesn't Love's me, but whatever he did is not forgiveable.

I look at Matt enjoying his ice-cream as we sit in the park. He seems so happy, how can I ruin his happiness with the truth. But I can't. I cannot live with the burden of being a cheat, a liar.

"Matt" I say my voice really low.

"Yes, love." He says. By now he is done with his ice-cream.

"I said you before, that uhh I uhh..hh needed to.. Uh tell you something." Stop stuttering so much Erica. Do it.

"Erica, why do I feel that something is wrong and whatever you are going to tell.." I cut him off.

"Stop Matt, listen." I say looking in his eye. He remains silent understanding that I need to tell something important.

"When you were, ugggghh.." I take a deep breath and Matt gives me weird look which says have you gone crazy. Do this Erica.

"When you went, I felt alone. I was really alone. Lily was there for me always. But then this guy Steven. He just jumped in my life. You know how it started with all the water splashing and the coffee." I give the questioning look. He takes some time to notice but nods his head.

"Matt, then he became friends with me. He took me out. We had fun. I had a great time." I smile to the memory of me and him in the waterfall. The way we watched movies. "I felt so.." Tears form in the back of my eyes. Matt holds my hands.

"Alive" he says.

"Yes, alive." I say

***

"Matt, then I could not help it, I don't know what twitched inside me. But I.." Tears pouring from my eyes. I told Matt everything by now. In detail. How Steve has been claiming that he loves me. And I belong to him. I can make out that Matt is very angry by now. I can do it. Tell him Erica.

"Matt, I kissed him" I sob and look at him. His grip on my hand loosen as his hands leave my hand.

He tries to speak but isn't able to.

"Matt please, say something." I beg crying.

"Erica, you cheated me." He says not believing his own words.

"Matt it was just a kiss." He stands up in complete anger.

"A kiss. You call it just a kiss. Look at the way you talk about him Erica." He says tears forming in his eyes.

"Matt, no please. Don't cry."

"I need to go now. I need to figure out things."

"Matt, no please. You are going to return tomorrow night. Please don't leave." I say holding his arms tightly.

"You love me?" He asks. It startles me for a moment. But I cannot hurt Matt. Not when, he is in this condition. I cannot see him like this. Matt has always been on my side always. I just know what to say.

"Yes, I love you." I say him. He takes a deep breath.

"I trust you then, come on lets finish this now." He takes my hand and pulls me towards the car. He opens the door and stuffs me inside. His behavior surprises me but I keep quite.

"Where does Steven lives?" He asks turning the ignition on.

"Matt, look.."

"Erica, answer me." He shouts banging his hand on the steering wheel. I nod and answer him.

***

"Erica, call him and tell him to come out." Matt says less orders me. I dail his number my hands shivering with fear.

"Hello" his voice soothes me.

"Stt..vvv Steve.. Come out." I say and I hang up.

"Matt please, he doesn't knows anything about the kiss." I say him tears still leaving my eyes.

"Erica, its not about the kiss dammit. Why don't you get it, he loves you."

The door opens and our conversation is interrupted. Steven looks at us and then he stares me, he notices my tears full eyes and comes running towards me.

"Eria, why are you crying? Are you okay?" He says holding my shoulders.

"Don't touch her." Matt says giving Steven a light push.

"What the hell" Steve curses.

"I have come here to warn you to stay away from my Erica." Matt says his face turned red.

"Oh! So she told you. Look we can discuss this in a more civilized way." Steven says trying to calm him down and taking slight glimpses of the crying me.

"No we don't, you need to stay away from my girl." Matt points his finger at him warning.

"It's true, you have the full right to be angry..."

"Shut up. I am not here for any of your explanations, you are going to keep that shithead of yours in your pants" Matt warns.

"Whaaoo.. Even I know how to curse dude. But I respect her presence. You wanna have the man to man conversation, then tell me the place and time I will be there. But I am telling you she is mine. I am not going to give up on her.." That is it. Steve is cut off by a hard punch in his jaw by Matt. I scream in horror. Steven cries in pain and lands a fist in Matt's abdomen with  double power. They both fight each other not ready to give up and I stand there in horror.

"Stop it." I scream falling on my knees on the ground. They both stop and look at me.

I see Steven, his lips bleeding, his face having black spots. And so does Matt.

I get up.

"Stop it both of you." I shout.

"What do you guys think, this" I gesture at them "will help you both to achive me. You guys claim that you love me and you both hurt me like this." I sob.

"Eria.."

"No stop Steve. I am really sorry for disturbing you but I am done with you. Please stay away." I hold back the urge to cry out aloud.

"Eria, no you love me." He says battling the pain. I go towards Matt and hold his hand.
My heart hurt at this sight of him but I need to hurt him now.

"I don't Steve, all we were was friends. You should have never thought about me like that." I take a pause, "And by the way, if you don't know, I am soon getting Married to Matt." I say those words and look at Matt. He has no affect as if he was already planning on it.

"Y..uu.. Can't do that" he says in shock.

"Then I'll send you the invitation. Come and see for yourself." I say and his face turns pale.

I don't belive the cruel person I have become.

Vote if you like what you read.