Chapter 4

Erica's pov

"Yes dear its matt who is hosting the dinner" Samantha who is Matt's mother said to me.

"Yeah he said me"

I turned to Matt "For whom are you waiting then?"

And with that I could see my parents entering the door. Matt called them. But why did he invite them.? Oh yes he said family and he considers my parents as his family so its obvious they would be here.

"Hey mom and dad. You guys surprised me" i was really surprised but not that much its just that today Matt is behaving strange he never planned anything without letting me know.

"Yes Erica Matt told that it was a surprise for you so we kind of also got into it" she chuckled.

"Please be seated Mr. Richard " Matt addresses them to the seats. They get seated and the dinner begins. So they were the only one for whom we were waiting. There were talks going in between my dad and Matt's dad and even our mom's were involved I could see Layla's mom talking to Matt

"You don't know how much pleased I am to meet you today Matty. I have missed you so much." She said faking her sadness.

"Yes aunt even we missed you"

Oh what formality these people show.

"So where were you guys hiding.. I mean living?" suddenly I saw lily asking this question to layla. I could see her giving murderous glares to lily as she spoke.

"We were in London. I had a two year diploma in fashion designing and I got admitted to the college I applied."

"So that was a good news.?"

"Ofcourse it was lily"

"That's why you did not bother to tell us.? And who leaves high school in the middle and goes for a diploma in London? Huh?"

I could see how angry li was. Ok I need to calm her down before any of our parents could see or hear this.

"You know layla even I was wondering for that diploma in high school. But then I decided with college and business."
I suddenly spoke in between just to stop the argument turn into something big.
"I never asked you." god she is so damn rude. I controled my anger.

"Layla manners." Her mom said her giving glares.

"Is she a child aunt.?" lily said laughing.

There was silence I poked lily to stop laughing like that because every one's attention was on us.

The dinner finally came to an end with all that formality and whatever.

"Wanna get out of here" someone whispered. Without even thinking I nodded. I really needed to get out. And with that he pulled me out and took me to the terrace.

"Matt, how can all of them be so much showing off.?"

I was really sad at that thought. Even my parents, they never ask me about my life. My dad I cannot even remember the last time we talked. Actually all this feeling sad is because of my dad. I always miss him but he never seems to talk to me. Whenever he is home he is busy on those calls.

"Baby you don't need to be sad. Its all like, you know what it is about. He works so hard for you"

"No Matt we have enough of money that we could live our life resting with luxuries." I felt myself broken again. Why was'nt I born with a loving family. Mom loves me alot and takes out time for me but dad he hardly does.

He hugged me. And just kept quite I suddenly started feeling better. We were like that for 10-15 mins. But it was so comforting.

"I love you"

"I love you too" I smiled.

We went down after some time and I was dragged by lily to her room. Matt went to get seated with our parents.

"Eric where were you?" she asked me dragging me into her room.

"Terrace li" i told her getting away from her grip.

"Planning future babies" she said grinning.

"Ohh shut up li. You know its not my cup of tea."

"Oh yes. My virgin 21. Its sad Eric you don't trust my brother"

"Li you know that I have decided to wait and its not that bad you know we don't want to rush. And even he agrees so keep your mind out of this"

"You are still a virgin" I could sense some one gasp in shock and to my surprise actually no surprise it was layla. Oh god she knows now. Why she needs to interfere. Erica your little secret is out.

"Do you have an habit of listening to others? You should never do this you know?" lily frowned at her.

"Oh don't teach me lily. I was just passing by and overheard this conversation. I am surprised that Matt could control for so long I mean with me it was not like this we were close. It clearly shows that he still loves me that's the reason he is.."

"Yes. Me and matt never got into it because we did not want to. And about you, its simple you are a slut, while dating Matt no wonder you guys did it often. Coz for that's what slut's are."

I could clearly see her pissed off. Her eyes were shooting daggers at me. She turned furiously red. Haah I hit a nerve.

"Listen you..." she started pointing with a finger towards me but li interrupted her.

"Layla just chuck the topic. I hope you don't want to be thrown out this time." she said to her meaning each and every word she spoke.

"Yes. I will leave now. By the way now it all makes sense that why Matt is going to Berlin for 5 months. He has needs. Certainly you cannot fulfill them." she snapped it in my face and just walked away.

What did she just say. I turned to li only to see guilt crossing her face. That's when I understood. This was the reason he kept this dinner.

Matt is going for 4 months.

Vote if you like what you read.