*Restless*

***Brianne's P. O. V***

I tossed and turned in our bed all night. Sleep would not come easily and when it did, it was filled with beautiful beasts and a haunting past.

I could still remember the last real nightmare I had with Erebus. I could remember how Persephone said we were one and the same. I just needed to embrace who we were. How I'm supposed to do that? I don't know.

I think a walk in the woods is needed.

Getting out of bed, I glanced at the clock and found it was only three in the morning. I shrugged on my silk, pearl colored robe and padded downstairs.

I walked out of the double doors that lead to the flower garden. I admired how the flowers looked in the pale moon light. It was a little chilly outside, but I didn't mind.

I walked all the way out to where I first met my little fox family. The little pond reflected the moon back at me like a perfect picture. Everything was so peaceful out here.

I closed my eyes and emptied my mind. I could hear all the little noises that the animals made out here. I relished in everything that was here. I had thought back to the meadow that Persephone, or I, woke up in and how beautiful it was. I continued to travel further into my mind the more I explored that meadow. I finally found a huge forest at the edge of the meadow. My subconscious explored the forest and stopped in front of a small pond, similar to the one I was at now. My subconscious self knealed down and I felt myself do the same. We both were looking into the small pond, but we didn't look the same. The girl in my head had red burgundy hair and her body covered in leaves; I recognized her as Persephone. I suddenly felt a small nudging in the back of my mind, telling me to look farther into the water.I smiled at my subconscious and felt a whole new sensation.

First I felt the tingling run up my arms and spread in my torso, then spread all over my body. It was as if the weight of the world was gone from my shoulders.

I felt the tingles in my eyes and opened them to see the tips of my hair turn burgundy red. I slipped my robe off and found leaves covering my body. I smiled at Persephone.

"Ti accetto. Noi siamo uno e stesso."
<I accept. We are one and the same.>

I felt a gust of powerful wind circle around me; lifting me from the ground. Smiling like a fool, I tilted my head back.

Then the power hit me at it's full force. I expected a pain so fierce, but got a totally different feeling. I felt a peace come over me. Something so happy and calm.

"Brianne?" Lucas' questionable voice sang to me like a beautiful harmony.

I looked down at him and found that everything was more detailed. Every little detail around me popped out as if it was right in front of me.

I looked into Lucas' beautiful ice blue eyes and smiled. He smiled back, but confusion filtered his features.

I floated back down to the ground and ran into his arms. He wrapped his arms around my waist as he picked me up off the ground.

"What did I miss?" He asked and chuckled.

"I am Persephone."

"Yes, we know your Persephone incarnate-,"

"No. I had a nightmare the other night. Instead of me being there, I was Persephone. Erebus told her that she sounded like me. Then she said we were one and the same and I haven't accepted her yet. I couldn't sleep, I was afraid too. So I came out here and had to try something."

"So, what your saying, is that you are Persephone now?" I nodded my head and smiled wider.

His eyes trailed up and down my body. "You certainly look like it too."