*Alma*

This chapter is dedicated to my best friend candypuppylover23

Thank you Alma for being there for me! You're the greatest person ever.

Alma is one of my greatest supporters. She encouraged me when I needed it and came up with this chapter for you guys. Alma is a great person and amazing friend. Shes help me come this far, and I know she'll always be there for me. I love you Alma!

Go follow her!

***Lucas's P.O.V***

I had awoken early this morning, wanting to make breakfast for everyone. After getting dressed I walked out of my room and walked down the hallway, passing up Brianne's room on the way.

I couldn't help but think about our date last night. She loved it, and pride swelled in my chest, knowing that I was the first guy to take her on an actual date. What really would have made her night, is if I had given her the necklace sooner. I knew she was tired last night in the forest, so I reached into my pocket to retrieve the necklace. But when I looked at her, she was peacefully sleeping on my shoulder.

I didn't want to disturb her. So I picked her up and headed towards her room, kissing her forehead before leaving.

Today she was going to get the necklace, I just don't know how to give it to her yet. I guess I'll figure it out.

My thoughts were thrown out the window when Rachel walked into the kitchen. I thought about what Brianne had said to me about her.

"Good morning." I greeted.

"Morning." She drowsily mumbled.

"Sleep good?"

"Sure."

I continued to make orange juice before I spoke again. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I don't know, Brianne said you've been distant with her and it's really getting her down."

"I don't know what you're talking about." she replied.

"You know what I'm talking about. You've been avoiding her ever since the day you saw her sprout claws."

"Ok, so maybe I have been distant."

"And you're only distant towards Brianne. Not me. You do realize that I have fully shifted? I'm more dangerous than her at this point."

"We all know you are more dangerous than her right now, but what we also know is that she is way more powerful. And I have a feeling that her power is going to show through at any moment."

"Are you afraid of her?"

She stopped and looked at me. "Honestly? Yes. I don't feel safe here with shifters running around. Ace is always up Brianne's tail, pun intended, and someone is always getting hurt! She has scared me enough times with her new abilities. I can never predict anything around here!"

I tuned into my shifters side to listen for Brianne, to make sure that Rachel didn't wake her up. But when I heard a frantic heartbeat outside the door, I looked over to find some of Brianne's gold locks peeking out. Her vanilla scent tainted with salt.

I walked over to the door and pulled Brianne in for a hug. She silently cried on my chest and I looked into Rachel's guilt stricken eyes.

"Brianne, I-,"

"Do you really think I would hurt you? That one day I would lash out on you?"

"No, I don't think you would hurt me."