*Merliene*

I want to shout out to another friend of mine!  She has helped me out in this book more than she thinks! Really puts my mind at piece when I know I have readers out there like her reading this book! thank you! go follow JacquelineSmith445

***Above is Merliene!***

I woke up to a weight on my waist. Turning around I came face-to-face with a sleeping Lucas. And the weight around my waist is Lucas' arm. Being my curious self, I reached my hand up and traced his facial features. I know Lucas felt it because he furrowed his eyebrows.

I continued to trace his feathers. starting from his hairline, all the way down to his jaw. When I traced my finger down his jaw, he growled and I chuckled.

I leaned up and kissed him gently on the mouth before trying to pull away. Hint, I said try. When I moved, he tightened his arm around me and mumbled something incoherent.

I chuckled softly and told him I was going to take a shower.

"No." Lucas groaned.

"Why not?" I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"No."

I chuckled and snuggled deeper in his chest. I lay there for a few more minutes and fell asleep.

*******

I was sitting down. My hands and ankles held down by something. My head felt heavy as it lolled forward. My chest beat painfully slow. I was dizzy and numb from all the blood loss. I thought I was alone, but I was wrong.

I felt the sting of a slap across my cheek and I was on high alert. When I looked up I couldn't focus on anything. My vision was blurry, and I couldn't keep my head up.

"Welcome back darling." Wait, I knew that voice. Who was it?

My mind shouted at me to do anything to get away.  Red flags waved high in the air around the man who is holding me captive.

"How are you feeling?" The man chuckled darkly. "Are we going to co-operate now?"

When I didn't answer I heard the sound of chains in the background. "Maybe we should try something else."

My hands and ankles were being untied. The blood rushing back to my numb body stung painfully- like pins and needles.

I was suddenly jerked roughly to my feet- the man's finger's digging into the cuts he made. Hissing in pain he walked my over to the chains and chained my hands up to the ceiling.

Now standing up, the mystery man walked across the room and grabbed something. He walked over to me and stepped behind me. My heart jumping in fear I struggled in the bruising grip of the chains. They prevented me from turning around to see what he as going to do.

"Surely you'll tell me where the prince is after this." I tensed and he chuckled darkly.

I screamed when I heard the crack of a whip and a stinging pain go through my shirt- or what was left of it- and dig itself in my back. Over and over again, I screamed until my throat throbbed and I couldn't scream anymore. My lungs pushed air and out painfully in my chest.

After what felt like hours of pain and torture, my captor circled around me and looked me in the eye. I could feel his breath on my cheeks. My vision struggled to focus on the man's face.

"Tell me where the prince is." he demanded subtly.

"No. Lucas, is my love. I-If you think I would put him in more danger, then you really don't know me." I rasped out.