*Birthday Ball~ pt 1*

*** the grand entrance to the ballroom.***

I had woken up this morning early. I  was surprised to have gotten any sleep at all to be honest. I remember as a kid, when ever we had something fun to do the next day, I would get too excited and not sleep. Usually I still do, but I guess all the exhaustion from yesterday had taken a toll on me.

I looked over to find that Lucas was still sleeping peacefully, even though I could feel excitement coming off of him in waves. Something in my gut told me that today was a big day for him and that he needed his rest. But I didn't know what it was exactly.

I got out of bed and grabbed a pair of yoga pants, a t-shirt and matching boy shorts and bra. I walked in the bathroom and took a quick shower.

Getting out, I grabbed a towel, dried off and did my business before dressing and walking out to find Lucas was still sleeping. It was odd for him to still be asleep. I was lucky enough to crawl out of his arms (regretfully).

I walked downstairs into the kitchen, thinking that I could grab a tray full of breakfast and bring it to him. I quickly made some cinnamon rolls with eggs and bacon and set them on the tray, finally walking up to our room. I was so glad he didn't wake up earlier and ruin the surprise.

I walked in, almost spilling the tray but I caught myself, and still saw Lucas sleeping peacefully on the bed. Something was wrong? Or maybe he just worked himself too hard yesterday?

I set the tray on the couch connected to the end of his bed and walked over to him. I didn't want to wake him, he looked so cute. But we had a big day today. I knelt down a little, putting one hand on my knee, and using the other to gently shake him awake.

"Lucas. Wake up, I made you breakfast." I said in the gentlest and sweetest tone.

He grumbled something in his sleep and I knelt down a little lower to hear what he said. I realized too late what mistake I made. I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me and flip me over him to my side of the bed. He snuggled closer to me, and I chuckled as he accidentally tickled me.

"Uh oh... that's not good." Lucas looked down at me.

"What?"

"I know where you're ticklish now...," Lucas trailed off.

"Don't you dare!"

My words were met with deaf ears as Lucas moved his hands on my ribs and tickled me. My loud laughs sounded around the room, probably waking up everyone in the neighboring rooms- if anyone was even in there.

I reacted by pulling the hairs on his arms and he yelped, like a little girl if I must add, trying to get away from me. I laughed as he jumped off the bed and grasped at his arms. He too laughed at the state of his arms.

"Look at what you did to my arm!" Lucas playfully yelled. Red spots ran up and down his arms. "Alright, I call truce."

"Doesn't mean I have too." I said and advanced towards him slowly.

He held his hands out and smiled. "Okay, how about you win, huh?" He said and continued to laugh.

"Nope."

"Fine, I'll have to try a different tactic." He mumbled darkly and advanced.

He suddenly had my hips and pulled me against him, planting a kiss on my lips. My toes curled. He pulled back and arched his eyebrow.

"Okay, fine truce." I laughed and let go of him. "I made breakfast. Let's hope it's not cold." I joked.

We sat on the bed and dug in while watching TV. I scrolled through the channels and saw that Friday was on and asked Lucas if he'd ever seen it.