bodies touching as he slung an arm on my shoulder, i couldn't help but shy away and cover my face as i felt my heart almost about to burst from the sweetness of this boy.

"why are you like this?"

"why not?"

"i—"

"i love my fiancé, is it bad to make her feel special?"

feeling on cloud nine, his lips met mine once more.

"y—yah, you're being a kiss monster"

"i could kiss you all day if i could"

"y—ya—"

we were on our own world.

"i love times like this, haine"

". . ."

"i love you"

heart fluttering once more, i squeezed his hand through our linked skin as a contended smile painted my lips. we were so drawn on each other's presence and never saw it coming.

"i love you too, jeongguk"

"no, i love you more"

"well, i love you most"

"yah! that's my line, yo—"

"you two, look out!"

screeching sounds and shock painting our faces – color of the blood, a car out of nowhere came rushing and even before we could have reacted, in a blink of an eye i found myself pressed against the wall, laying on top of jeongguk as i felt a weight pressing on my back.

"you fools! what were you two thinking?!"

eyes still wide in shock, breath caught up inside my throat and body finally shivering, i realized that i could've lost my life if that red car almost almost hit my small frame. if i wasn't deliberately pushed just on time, my body would've been flying in a corner due to the great impact.

i would be dead.

"i—, taehyung—"

"are you okay, haine?! are you hurt anywhere?"

taehyung held me before helping me stand up, his face contorted into worry.

"you two were so reckless! what could've happened if i didn't come on the right time?!"

"i—"

"get off from my girlfriend!"

remembering that jeongguk was still in the picture, i found myself caught up inbetween the piercing stares of the two against each other. i felt the tension against the two boys as none of them wanted to let go of me.

"girlfriend? huh? do you even hear yourself? you call yourself haine's boyfriend when you can't even protect her?! don't fucking kid with me, dumbass!"

"shut the fuck—"

cutting jeongguk's sentence, taehyung clutched the younger boy's collar.

"no, YOU shut the fuck up! you, more than anyone else should have been more conscious around your surroundings! just because nothing happened inside the school premises doesn't mean that nothing would happen outside it!"

"taeh—"

"i'm warning you haine"

". . ."

"and you, jeon jeongguk. you call yourself haine's fiancé?! what fucking fool you are to even let this happen!"

"i—"

"don't you even know that this is all your fault?!"

"i—"

"haine's sister is obsessed with you and because you two are together, haine's life is in danger! everything that is even happening right now is because of you! this is all your fucking fault!"

"i—"

"you said you love haine? if this is the love that you're speaking off, then . . . bullshit! you promised to protect haine, right? i decided to keep this foolish feeling to myself just so haine would finally be happy, i gave way for haine's happiness! i gave up this fucking feelings just so haine would finally be happy but what are you even doing? you promised to never let her get hurt and what the fuck are you even doing?!"

". . .i—"

" man the fuck up and take the responsibility of the consequences of eloping with haine! you're all talk but no work!"

"taeh—"

"don't meddle with this, haine. i swear this boy needs some reality check"

". . . "

"let me remind you, jeon fucking-kook. everything that's happening is because of your fucking existence. because of you, haine almost died because of a pot falling from the sky—if yoongi-hyung didn't come right on time, haine would've been long dead. because of you, haine was harassed on the girl's shower room and she almost lost her pride in the face of the whole student body – if my brother didn't come on the right time, haine would've wanted to be dead. and right now, haine almost got hit by this fucking car because of your recklessness! do you even get what i'm say—"

"enough!"

"no, i am not yet done. you need to—"

"i know! i fucking know that this is all my fault, i fucking know that because of me, the woman i love is suffering and i can't even do anything about it! i'm always late, always a little too late to rescue my woman but i'm trying and can't you see that i'm—"

"it's not enough and you should do more!"

"i—taehyung, please . . stop"

"no, i won't stop. i love you, haine and if this keeps on happening i would really steal you away from this fucktard"

"i won't let you. haine is mine!"

"don't threaten me, boy. actions speak louder than words"