Chapter 28// Colorless Anger

Natalie's POV

Today, I was in a dark mood. I didn't want to talk to anyone, or even come to school today, But I also didn't want to ruin my perfect attendance ether; so here I am, sitting in honors biology class.

My weekend didn't go as well as I planned it, and now I feel like I have a dark cloud looming above me, making everything colorless; even though my world didn't have much color to begin with in the first place.

After homecoming happened, I wanted to spend my weekend catching up on my favorite shows, like Supernatural and The Walking Dead, then maybe go out to hot topic and buy new chokers. I also still had to pick a song for the end of the year concert too, but I didn't accomplish any of my plans.

After my parents came home that Friday night, they woke me up and had a long talk with me. After that happened, I isolated myself in my room and avoided talking to my parents. If it wasn't for Valerie, I probably would skip meals just to avoid seeing my parents.

My pen was tapping the thick text book that was opened in front of me in biology, as i tried to remember what the purpose of the valence electrons in an atom.

"Hey, is something wrong?" Anna's whisper broke my train of thought.

"Um... yeah... I'm fine." in her eyes, I saw that Anna was worried.

"Okay, but if something's bothering you, just let me know okay." She smiled sweetly at me, just like she would do to anyone else, being the bright and positive person she was.

But, I really wished she wasn't so concerned or nice to me at the moment. She is a really good friend, along with Marliz Guillermo and Steven.

I felt my dark cloud lower on me, and I became more depressed.

"You know what, I just need to leave for a second." I quickly collected all of my stuff and raised to the front of the room asking the teacher for a hall pass, not telling him where I have to go, but the teacher just rolled with it and gave me the hall pass without a destination, and I was grateful for that.

Once I left the classroom, I wandered the school, unsure of what to do. Eventually, I found myself standing outside of the guidance counselor's office, finding it hard to knock or do anything. On the door was a decorated paper that had Mrs. Sues name on it, and a clipboard that people would make an appointment meeting with.

What am I doing here the first place anyway? I've never even talked to the guidance counselor, so what help is she gonna be to me right now.

As much as I wanted to walk away and continue wandering the school, a part of me wanted to stay and knock on the door. Even though I never talked to Mrs. Sue, I could at least talk to her about something right? Then i won't be in trouble for not being in class. But then again, there was a lot of names on the clipboard, so it's only fair if i wait my turn.

I looked down at my shoes, and lightly kicked the wooden door, waiting for something to happen, and unsure of what to do myself. After a few silent seconds had passed, the the part of me that wanted to walk away won control over me, and so my back faced the door and I was about to walk away. It's not like I was actually gonna make an appointment to meet with her anyway.

Then the door opened.

"Hello, did you knock? If you want to meet up with me, you have to sigh up on this clipboard, then i'll meet up with you as soon as possible." An innocent voice said from behind me.

At the moment, I couldn't find my voice to speak, and slowly, tears started to pool my eyes. I've never acted this way before, and I didn't like this feeling. I didn't want to be seen like this by anyone, so I wiped my tears with my sleeve and pulled down my hood.

"Its nothing, don't waste your time on me, i'll get back to class now." I started to walk away, but Mrs. Sue stood in front of me. She was at least in her 30's, and had Edward Collins super pale skin, with green eyes. She had dirty blond hair that was a lob, and her eye shadow matched the color of her peach button down shirt with a pencil shirt.