Chapter 23// Don't Fall Too Hard For Me

Nathalie's POV

Right after school, I had Anna drive me to Isak's house so I could kill him. As I looked out of the car window, I started to think.

This is all Isak's fault, because If he didn't join vocal, then I wouldn't  have to sing. But because Isak just had to open his big mouth that one day in vocal, he made me sing a solo in front of amazing singers, and now I need to sing in front of the whole school.

I hate him, I hate how Isak always makes fun of me, and the way how I  decide to live my life. And yet, I'm forced to tutor  him just so he can pass.

I was too busy thinking about my hate for Isak I didn't realize Anna parked her car until she poked my arm.

"Nathalie, Isak's house is right there. I can't stay so I'll be going now." Anna said.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and left Anna's car, watching her drive off down the empty street. I walked to the house that Anna said was Isak's, and stood in front of it, remembering it from when Isak brought me here when I got drugged at a party.

His house wasn't small, yet it wasn't large ether. His white painted house seemed to have two levels. The front lawn was completely dead with pounds of snow piled over where grass was supposed to be, and the front porch had a wind chime dancing in the wind and a bench swing too.

I heard creeks and crunches as I went up the old wooden stairs up to the porch, crushing salt too. When I was in front of the door, I pressed the doorbell and waited until I heard the sound of a lock go off, and the door opened.

"You are such an idiot! Because of yo-" I instantly froze  in compleat embarrassment and shock. That's definitely not Isak.

In front of me was a tall man maybe in his 20's, dressed professionally in black jeans and a grey button down shirt with a vest buttoned up. His dark brown hair was neatly styled with gel, and his facial expression was confused.

"Okay then, I'm gonna guess that what you were just saying was for Isak. Am I correct?" My face flushed and I shook my head yes nervously.

"Y-Yea, sorry about that outburst. Who are you?" I mentally punched myself for that stupid question, why would I ask who he was if I'm the stranger at his house.

I mean from his point of view, he opened the door to be faced with an Emo girl saying that he was an idiot. Wow, I'm surprised that he didn't curse me out, or better yet, shut the door in my face by now.

"Oh I've dealt with far worst names and outbursts then you can imagine, so don't worry about it. I'm Nate, Isak's older brother. And you would be?" Woah. Hold up. Isak has a brother? Since when?

"Oh I'm no one really, is Isak here?"

"You mean the idiot? Yea he's here, you wanna come inside and yell at him instead of me this time?" I shook my head, man, this Nate guy isn't letting go of that outburst thing is he.

"No thank you, I just came by to kill him." Nate laughed.

"Well in that case. YO ISAK! THE DOOR!" Nate yelled scaring me a bit, and walked away.  Wow, way to go leaving me all alone out here, he could of at least stayed there until Isak came.

The front door remained opened just a tad, so I heard music and voices from inside of the house. I just leaned agents one of the porch pillars, while I waited. It didn't take long until Isak came outside.

"Nathalie, thank you so much." He said as he closed the door behind him, blocking the music and voices. I raised an eyebrow.

"Why did you just thank me?" I asked confused. I hope his brother didn't tell him I called him an idiot.