Chapter 25// You're like an onion

Nathalie POV

"You're late." Marliz said as I closed the door to Anna's room.

"Well how do you expect me to be on time when I had to walk home from the football game that you and Anna forced me to go to, and then walk back home to get my homecoming stuff, to then walk here." I flipped my bangs out of my face and raised an eyebrow.

"You do have a good point there, but in our defense Nathalie, we didn't force you to go, you went to see the game right after you saw Cody and Valerie in The school." Anna said  from inside her connected bathroom.

The memory replayed in my mind on how I saw Valerie and Cody walking hand in hand to the outside bleachers in school, of course I had to stop the happy couple and set some rules for them. It completely came  as a shock to me when Valerie told me that mom and dad approved of Cody a few weeks ago. So technical there dating, and if mom and dad aren't gonna be there to keep there relationship in check and set standers, then I'll make it my job. I won't let my sister get hurt.

"Well I wasn't aware that Cody was going to take my sister out of school and take her to see the game at our school." I sat down on Anna's bed and watched as Marliz curled her hair with a curling iron.

"Sure you are, just be honest with yourself Nathalie, you're still not okay with the idea of Valerie dating." Marliz said, and as much as I hate to say this, she's right.

"It's just that, I'm older then Valerie, so it only makes sense if I get a boyfriend first. But now that she is dating Cody, I just feel like she's speeding up on life faster then me." I confessed. Marliz put down her curling iron and looked at me.

"Well not everyone is suppose to be on the same speed, just like a car rase. Someone will always win, and someone will also lose, and then you have those who are in between. You can't expect everyone to tie in first place, so it's good if you slow down."Marliz said

"She's right, and by the way, Sarah's coming soon, I just heard her car." Anna said.

A few moments later we heard a knock on the door and Anna's older sister Sarah storms into the room with a flower designed box. She threw the box next to me on the bed.

"Anna get out right now, you have got to be joking with me right now." Marliz and I starred at Sarah in confusion as Anna opened the door and walked out of the bathroom with her blue homecoming dress on.

Sarah turned her around, looking at her back. I gasped and held my breath along with Sarah at the sight in front of me.

"Oh my gosh, what happened?" Sarah said to Anna. I on the other hand, stood up and walked behind of Anna.

Anna's long dark brown hair that stopped just below her knees, was now cut, and stopped at the middle of her back.

"Anna, you cut your hair?! Your long Rapunzel hair! Why?" Sarah said as she had her mouth opened wide. Anna turned to face us.

"Because yesterday my hair got stuck into a guys book bag while I was walking to class, and when I got the guy to stop walking, I was gonna ask him to help me but before I could ask him, he started to run down the hall telling me to get away from him." I tried my best to stifle a laugh, but it escaped. She rolled her eyes.

"I don't want to have that experience again, so I asked mom if I could donate my hair, and she just cut it a few hours ago."

"Yea I know, I saw mom filling out the papers to donate it downstairs, while dad was putting your braid in a plastic bag." Sarah shared.

"Well anyway, you're here to do our makeup for homecoming, so start with me and get this terrifying process done with." Anna sat down on her bed as Sarah opened her box filled with makeup.