Chapter 26// I Don't Know, I Just Do

Nathalies POV

I got alerted when I heard gasps around me once I entered the living room, so I looked around and saw that both Steven and Guierllmo had puzzled face expressions.

"What's with you guys?"

Both boys who dressed in black suits and white button down shirts, looked at each other for a second, then back at me.

"N-Nothing, you just look....different, and it's weird seeing you like...... that." Guierllmo answered. I once again looked at my dress, and tried to fight the urge to get my black jacket to cover up.  

"If it's weird for you to see me like this, then imagine how out of place  I feel." I complained. Steven nodded and gave me a high five.

"I'll tell you right now that you definitely have confidence Nathalie." I grinned, Stevens positive feed back did make me feel a little Better about myself.

"Hey, I'm not suppose to tell you this, but your girlfriends are planning on making a great entrance right now, so I suggest you focus on the staircase." I whispered to them.

Just then, the sound of heels hitting the steps filled the air, as Anna and Marliz made there entrance, locking their gaze to their dates.

Speaking of dates, I looked around and couldn't see Isak anywhere, so I assumed he hadn't arrived yet. But even if he doesn't show up, I would be fine with that.

When Anna and Marliz reached the bottom of the staircase, they gazed at their dates in love. I saw that My friends were leaning in for a kiss, and since I felt like I was intruding their special moment,
I quickly ran into the kitchen and sat in the dark, not bothering to turn on the light. That, and I also I didn't want to be present during the kissing moments.

Oh boy, I hope no one makes out at homecoming.

I didn't know how much time had passed while waiting in the kitchen, but it wasn't that long when I heard the front door to Anna's house open.

"Sorry I'm a little late-WOAH!Okay I'm just gonna leave then. Didn't mean to disturb." I silently laughed, imagining what Isak just so happened to disturbed. It wasn't long until I noticed a silhouette appear in the dark, opening the refrigerator.

"You're finally here-"

"SHIT!" The refrigerator door slammed closed, making the room completely dark again. Did I just scare him?

"Who's there?" I heard him breath heavily. "Are you trying give me a heart attack!?" I stood up and walked towards him as the lights in the kitchen turned on.

Isak and I stood a few feet from each other and I was amazed by how put together he was in a black suit. His hair for once looked neat, and in his hand he held a small purple box. His deep blue eyes shined as they looked right at me, making me feel weird as time passed. I've never been under his gaze for this long.

"So... What's the box for?" Isak blinked a few times, frozen in place before he snapped back. What was his problem?

"N-Nathalie?" I rolled my eyes at him and crossed my arms. Is this what I have to go threw tonight when I see someone?

"No, I'm not Nathalie, I'm Demi Lavato." I said sarcastically, thinking who else he could possibly expect.

"Still stubborn as always I see. Oh And here, this is your corsage." He stretched out the purple box that he had, and I just stood in place staring at it.

"My what?" I asked, thinking why he would need get me a Croissant in a fancy box. Or a croissant in general.

"Your corsage. You know, the flower bracelets that girls wear to homecoming." I had no idea what Isak was saying.