Chapter 14/How Bad Can I Be?

Isak's POV

The vocal room door opened, and our teacher who was late to class finally showed up. Shouldn't she get detention for being late to her own class?

"Okay class, sorry I'm late, but we have so much time today so we are going to have fun!" Mrs. Duran said, leading everyone to roll  there eyes. Honestly, Ms. Duran tries too hard to make class fun, and even goes as far to act like she's a student more like a teacher. I would skip this class everyday if I could, but I'm loyal to the bet that I lost, so I suffer.

Since today was a half day because of teachers meetings, the school was gonna be 4 periods long, so the seniors spent today in art. I can only imagine what type of fun Ms. Duran has in store for us. Recently in vocal, all we accomplished was two part harmony with All Of Me, and Don't Stop Believing. Stupid songs if you ask me.

"So today, since we have are two songs nailed down pretty well, we are doing solos for today with all of the songs, and everyone will do a solo. This is a participation grade. Who wants the first solo for Don't Stop Believing." Great, I have to sing alone, defiantly not looking forward to that.

Everyone's hands instantly shot into the air, everyone except Anna, Steven, Marliz, Nathalie and myself. Which I'm not surprised.

"Okay, Connor you have the first solo, Kyla second............." I zoned out for who got what solo, and got back on track when we started the Capella song.

"Da da da da da da da da da da....." Yea, as the bass line, I have the least interesting part of the song. Yippee.

"Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world, she took the midnight train going anywhere..." Connor sang, soundings really good, he was one of many in this class who enjoyed singing, (the compleat opposite of me).

"Just a city boy, born and raised in south ditray, he took the midnight train going anywhere..." Kyla Black sang next. Now hey, I may not be a professional vocalist, but I think Kyla sang okay. She has a good voice, but there's nothing interesting if someone just sings to say words.

As other people sang there solos, we eventually finished the song and repeated it 3 times for different solos. And for All Of Me we did it two times, but me, I just had a huge headache from the songs.

"Okay, who still hasn't done a solo?" Miss. Duran asked the class, and Kyla answered.

"Miss, Anna and her friends didn't do a solo." She said with a evil smile to Anna. I don't know what conflict Kyla and Anna have, but I'll make it my business to know. Anna gave her a fake smile.

"Thanks for being a snitch Kyla." Marliz said.

"What? everyone needs to do a solo, and your friends need to step up and not be scary cats." Woah, that was not cool. Anna stood up and looked at Kyla.

"Okay, the term scary cat is really old and not used anymore, and second, why would we be afraid of doing a solo Black." Anna said with anger in her voice. I was gonna join Anna with her augment, but what fun would that be to cut off the kitty fight that is happening right now.

"Anna, it's okay that you lip sing for an A. But not everyone can get away with lip singing. It's understandable that not everyone in this class is a amazing singer like me." Oh no, Kyla why did to open your mouth? You have no right to say that your the amazing voice in this class. If anything Marliz is the queen, I love hearing her sing because she is that good. Speaking of Marliz, her face got red and joined Anna.

"Okay Black, we don't lip sing, as a matter of fact we are good singers. So don't snitch because snitches get stitches!" Miss Duran quickly cut off the fight and spoke.