Chapter 27//ARE YOU CRAZY

Nathalie's POV

"Don't freak out, but I think my friend Sam has a crush on you."

Silence stood in the air for a moment as I registered what Julian said, and Julian stood there in place, waiting for anything to happen.

As for me.

Well. I couldn't  stop laughing. I was laughing so hard that I felt like I was getting an ab workout.

"You know what? Forget I said anything. I'm out." Julian disappeared from the hallways, and my laughing calmed down a little after that.

I took a deep sigh, letting fresh air into my lungs, and straightened myself out. As I walked down the hallways back to gym, I couldn't help but think about what Julian just told me.

It's hard for me to believe that Lincolns High School Star basketball player has a crush on the schools only emo. I mean, how could he like me? We barely talk. I think it's easy to say that Julian was just pulling my leg with a joke. But if Sam strangely thinks I'm attractive in any way, then I won't have a problem rejecting him. I just hope that this joke doesn't spread around the school, because I don't need to be on the spotlight anymore.

Once I made it back to homecoming, everything was still the same with the upbeat music, and people dancing everywhere. If there's nothing more to homecoming then dancing and socializing, then I'm going to leave, because it's not fun to be a wallflower in a situation like this. Especially if I don't have my phone to keep me occupied and kill time.

I scanned the gym, trying to find Isak in the massive crowd of teenagers, and found him lingering near the snack table alone. When I approached him, he was eating a cheese cube off of a toothpick.

"Hey." I said as I stood next to him.

Isak looked at me with his eyebrows scrunched, and pointed to his ear. I mentally slapped myself when I realized that it's impossible for him to hear me with this pop music roaring through the air. I cupped my hands together and yelled.

"I SAID HEY!" he flinched back a little and looked back at me.

"I think you're trying to make me death. You don't need to yell straight into my ear." I cupped my hands together and yelled again at him.

"WELL AT LEAST YOU CAN HEAR ME SO I DON'T SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS." He pulled away again and rolled his eyes as he grabbed another cheese cube from the snack table. The loud music that was playing suddenly softened, and a smooth slow song came on. All around the gym, everyone was pairing up and started to slow dance, and it didn't take anyone to know that people would start  making out soon.

"So what was it you wanted?" Isak caught my attention, and I remembered what I was going to tell him.

"Oh right, I'm bored." He dropped the toothpick on the floor.

"And I need to know that because? Oh! I get it; you want to slow dance with me isn't it?" Isak smirked and I clinched my fists together.

"Are you serious? Like I'd ever dance with someone who has two left feet. You actully need to know this because I want to leave. So can we?"

"We've only been here for half an hour, how are you bored?"

"Look, I'm leaving no matter what, because this is boring, so I'm going with or without you, are you coming?" He looked around and then turned is gaze back at me.

"Can you do me a favor?"

"Huh?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Can you do me a favor?" He asked again. I straighted my posture.