B L ♛ 25

Eva

I paced back and forth in the waiting room. A ton of thoughts went through my head resulting in a headache. Bernie sat there the whole time with his head down and his hands together. This must be kind of hard for him. Me on the other head couldn't get these questions out my head.

Is he okay?

Is he on deaths bed?

We'll he be here to see Mackenzie grow up?

What the hell are them doctors doing?

I glanced over at Princess and she was sound asleep with her pacifier hanging out the side of her mouth. Rj was leaning on Hazel as she wept silently. It was twelve in the morning and we were the only ones in the hospital.

"Family for uhh" The nurse said then looked at the clipboard.

"Kavon Hanes and Riley Austin" Hazel looked up and at the nurse. I rolled my eyes were the only one here that was a dumb question.

I grabbed Mackenzie then made my way so the nurse could take us to see Kavon. My palms started to get sweaty, I was scared of the outcome. All types of "What ifs" are going through my thoughts.

"Mr. Hanes is in here and Mr. Austin is in the one over there"

Hazel looked at me, sniffed, then blew me a kiss. I gave a faint smile then did the same. As I walked in I heard all types of monitor. Not wanting to see Kavon all beat up, I glanced in the bed anyways. He was asleep, I guess. I went down and his leg and thigh were wrapped in bandages. Not helping but to notice the tattoos sleeves fully on his left and right arm that the hospital gown couldn't cover up. After placing Mackenzie in the chair, I went to his bedside and began to rub on his arm.

"Mrs. Hanes I am guessing?" The doctor came in and my head shot up from Kavon.

I gave a light smile "Yes, Sir"

"Well, Hello I am Doctor Chapman" He shook my head and smile.

"I am Eva and that is our daughter Mackenzie" I managed to get out.

"Awh, Okay Mr. Hanes just undergone some surgery and should be up in about no less than an hour. He was shot twice once in the thigh, and another in the calf. He did loose a lot of blood, we did manage to get both bullets out.. now when he wakes up the mobilization in his left leg will be limited but six weeks of Physical Therapy can help"

I smiled taking everything in at once. Doctor Chapman left and Mackenzie began to cry. After putting her pacifier in, I took her out the seat and sat down in the chair with her in my lap.

"Guess we have to wait for daddy to wake up?" I kissed her cheek then unlocked my phone. Sighing while locking it back, my attention went to the door.

"Is he okay?" Hazel asked as she came in with Rj sleep in her arms.

I nodded my head "Yeah, how Riley"

"He is better than I thought, he's awake and doing okay thank God" She said with a light smile. Mackenzie got uneasy and I pulled out a bottle.

"Eva.. baby take that baby home he'll be fine" Hazel reassured me. I exhaled then closed my eyes opening them back up.

"I would like to be here when he wakes up..." I choked out.

"I know, but you have lil Princess here. Who is five weeks old.." Now that she put it like that, I got our things together and we both walked out the room side by side. We walked to the Parking garage that was connected to the hotel.

"Do you want us to spend the night love?" Hazel asked as she rubbed my shoulder. After getting Princes situated, I couldn't help but cry.

I nodded my head then sniffed "Yeah, then we can come out here in the morning" I said and she nodded her head. This is why Hazel is my sister, even though we are cousin I claim this girl as my sister.