BL 3

Eva

"Till we get it right we gone love some more..." I sung along with Chris brown as I looked over some pictures taken for next months issue. I sighed as I looked at this picture of Beyonce and Jay Z.

They are such a beautiful couple. One day I want someone to look at my husband and I and say that we are a beautiful couple. I am getting older and it is about time to settle down in my eyes. I will wait though, no rush. I want something real and you can't rush that. Chris Brown will be bae until then. Even though he's a little bit younger.

I heard a knock at my door, that interrupted my thoughts. My head came up and I spoke "Come in"

Cedric's head popped in "Hey Eva"

I sighed as I finished looking through the stack of pictures "Hey, What's up?"

He walked over and sat down "Well I was wondering if you would let me take you out one of these days"

I smirked "When would that be?"

I know how he is but why not try, not feelings over here! We have matured more since college so this may not be as bad.

"How about I take you out for lunch?"

"Sounds like a plan" I said with a smile. I pushed my hair behind my ear and tended back to my work with a smile. I heard the door shut notifying me he was now out of my office. I sighed then smiled "That Cedric"

I got up and decided to pay Emily a visit. As soon I was about to get up she rushed into my office. "Ms. Marks?"

"Hey Emily I was just about to go to you.. Whats up?" I asked as I sat back down and cleared my desk for a place to rest my hands.

"Can I give my two weeks notice?" My heart kind of dropped.

"W-what why?" I asked as my face expression changed.

"Well, I got offered a positioning for marketing supervisor over at Walmart"

My face completely dropped "Walmart?!"

She can't be serious this is vogue magazine! She is honestly crazy in the head.

"Yes, it was nice being your assistant but it is time for me to go.. you do have two weeks to find another one though" She got up waved and then left. That bitch. I re did my lip gloss and got up to go to Emily's ex-cubicle. Since she wants to leave for retail. I can make her dream come true right now. I will still keep it classy though.

"Hey Emily you can leave.. today" I said with a smile. If she wants to leave then she can, fuck two weeks. I just have to find another assistant.

"Okay..." She said then continued packing her things.

I walked back to my office and flopped down in the chair. I logged onto my Mac desktop and began to post ad's for the position because I need an assistant. Then my mind drifted off into thoughts about this lunch date.

"You haven't changed since college Eva" Cedric said as he sipped his drink.

"Funny how you saying that now and we have been working with the same company for three years" I said with a laugh.

Cedric came to Vogue about three years ago. When I noticed it was him from college I tried my best to avoid him. We eventually had to collaborate so I just put the past away and focused on what was important, the company. We never really had a chance to sit down and talk to one another.

"Honestly, your really beautiful and well in college we were just playing we didn't know what we were doing"

I laughed a bit "Yeah your right, like that time you came to my apartment drunk!"

We both busted out laughing "Aye chilll"

"It is okay though" I said and the waitress sat out food down and we dug in. I swear this date is way better than Micheal's. That nigga gives me shivers.

"How are your people, daddy still think he Obama?"

I laughed and smiled "They are good, and yes he does"

We continued to eat. I caught him eyeing me a couple of times. I also caught us looking at each other and we would smile then continue eating.

"Mama where Evan at" I asked as I enter their master bedroom suite.

She walked from her closet "I have no Idea baby, you know his lil car fix he wanna' rip and run the streets"

I chuckled and laid on my parents bed. I began to slip into a deep thought "Eva baby what is on your mind"

I shook my head "Girl if you don't tell me" My mama said.

I sighed well "Cedric took me on a lunch date today"

She gasped "Cedric form College? Lil Cedric?"

I chuckled "Yes mama him"

She nodded her head "Eva I like him"

Her and daddy did like him. I guess it is because my daddy and his invested together. I was always physically attractive but not emotionally attracted to him. When he cheated he kind of hurt me, but it is what it is. Sometimes we go through things to make up stronger. Trust, me Cedric did.

"I know you do mama. I just.. I don't know" I said and laid flat on the bed on my stomach. She began to rub my back "You may still have feelings for him"

*

"I don't know Hazel it is just this life is getting so boring, I honesty want a family Hazel. You have little Riley and big Riley and I have nothing" I sighed as I spoke through the phone while eating strawberries.

"Eva, I think this is just a phase and your are beautiful any man would be lucky to have you sweetheart! And speaking of men are you going to give Cedric a chance, I mean the brother is fresh ya feel me?"

I laughed then sighed "Uh, yeah he is fresh and about the chance thing I don't know" I said in all honesty. We have a little friendship going on here and I don't want to mess that up but only time will tell. Most importantly I don't want our personal problems to conflict with the company, that makes us look bad.

"Girl come on, he can't be that bad!" I laid on my pillow and began to think about it. I don't really want to rush. I want natural love.

-

Pharah in MM