BL 2

KAVON

"I am king of the streets, I fuck whoever I want," I said as I took a puff from the blunt. Bold was trying to say I don't get pussy.

"Yeah, fuck whoever you want and you gon' be king of the crabs," Bold said. The rest of the niggas in the warehouse began to snicker and chuckle and laugh.

"Shut the fuck up!" I said with a little laugh myself. On days like this, when it's raining and nasty outside, the boys had no work to be done yet, so we just chill. I got up, making my way to my office. I unlocked the door and sat down at my desk chair. I began to check my phone and Pharah had been blowing my shit up. I decided to call her back.

"Kavon!" she screamed through the phone.

"Yeah, what's up?" I said as I began to count stacks.

"So tomorrow...well, today I need you to come to my job. I am moving from that cubicle into an office and I need your help because you're strong."

I laughed. "Okay, you know I got you. Bold too?"

"It's not that much stuff."

It's so funny how Bold annoys her.

"Aight, see you tomorrow. Love you, bye," I said and hung up.

I finished my blunt up then my mind began to wander. Wandering back to my parents. I don't remember much, but I do remember how my mother was selling her body, trying to provide for us. I do remember the countless number of men I seen come in and out of my home. Pharah and I's dad was one of her customers, meaning he was hardly ever in the picture. I just wish the way my mother died could somehow be reversed. I kind of remember it like it was yesterday. The flames, the tears...

"Kavon, don't leave me!" Pharah shouted as she came down the stairs with her Barbie dolls.

"Pharah, I am going to get the money from mama for snack, I will be right back."

"Promise?" she said as she stuck out her pinky. I grasped on to her pinky with mine.

I exited the townhome to the streets of Miami. I zipped up my jacket as the cold breeze hit my face.

"Ay little man, want some-"

I shook my head; the dealers were always trying to sell something to me. I walked onto the steps of one of her regular customers. The door was open and I heard screaming. I was hesitant to walk in, but I did anyway. I tried to be as quiet as I could.

I went into the kitchen of the house to see my mother getting slapped in the face multiple times. I wanted to do something but I was only eleven, so I stayed put to where I wasn't seen and cried softly.

"Please...please, I have kids," my mother screamed, and I began to hear liquid being dripped. I knew what that meant. I began to cry because my mother was getting ready to die and I couldn't do anything about.

The flames were struck and I ran out of the house and back to my grandma's...

After that, my mother was nowhere to be found and my grandma had to raise Pharah and me. I turned out to be a troubled child until I got in the game at sixteen. When my grandma died, I was able to provide for Pharah and myself. I swear, Pharah is all I got that is blood and I can't let anything happen to her. That is my life, and we have been through so much. 

It's no wonder why I am the way I am today...

"King," I heard as I was jerked out of my thoughts.