BL

Enjoy.

EVA

"No, can you reschedule my three o'clock appointment for five? Thanks girl," I said to my assistant Emily, before getting my things together. My job is done for now, I have to go to my parents' for dinner. Might as well because I won't be doing any cooking.

While making my way to my parents' house I was rushing because I was late for dinner. Kind of got caught up at the office. The magazine business is a ton of work. What I wore to work today would be good for dinner: a black peplum top with khaki slacks, and black Red Bottoms, along with a matching diamond earring and necklace set that had gold accents. I entered the gates of my parents' villa. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree; just like me my parents owned their own businesses. My dad owns and invests in realty and my mother was an attorney she had her own firm. I parked right in front, got out and made my way to the gigantic double doors. Just my luck, they were open. As soon as I stepped foot in the home, the aroma of food hit my nose.

"That better be my baby girl!" My father's deep, masculine voice echoed through the foyer along with the clacks of his shoes.

"Hey Daddy," I cooed as we hugged and he kissed me on the forehead. "Where's Mama?" I said as I looked around with a confused look on my face she was always by his side they never really parted..

"In the kitchen baby girl, come on," he said and we went to the kitchen. As we entered the kitchen, Mama was standing in front of the stove.

"Eva baby," she said with the apron on, coming towards me.

"Mama," I said with a smile on my face .I absolutely adore my parents.

"Where is Evan?" I referred to my little brother.

"Girl, he somewhere 'round here," she said and continued putting the plates out on the dining room table.

Here I am, thinking I was late and they are not even ready. I kicked off my heels beside the couch in the living to make my way upstairs to see about my little brother.

"Evan!" I barged in his room.

This boy was asleep, snoring and all. I snapped a picture for Instagram while laughing. I began to shake him. "Evan, get the fuck up." I shook him while repeating myself.

"E...gooooo..." he said in between grunts. I continued to shake him.

"Aight, I am up!" he said.

I laughed. "Okay good, now put on a shirt, nobody want to see ya' little bird chest. And come downstairs when you're done." I closed his door then left. The love I have for my little brother is indescribable, he is truly my dog. He is only eighteen but acts as if he is my age and that is a no-no. He is graduating this year, and is planning on going to college.

I came back downstairs and went into the dining room. I sat down in my usual spot.

"Where that boy at?" my daddy said. "EV-" He began to yell.

"No Daddy, he is on his way down," I said with a laugh.

Evan soon came to the table. Mama said Grace and then we all dug in. Mama threw down too - barbecue chicken, greens, macaroni and cheese, asparagus and rolls.

"So how is work honey?" my mother asked me.

"It's good," I said with a smile. "That's good." She redirected her attention to my brother. "How is school, Evan?"
"It's good. I am staying on top my grades," he said. I could tell he was proud of himself.