0.37 ≫ irl

Scarlett stood in front of Sebastian and was helping him fix his tie. His interview was scheduled very late in the night.

"Hey, I told Chris to come over." He said.

"For..." She replied.

"Just to keep you company, he also said he wanted to catch up with you. Seeing as you are his best friend. I'm not salty at all." He replied earning a laugh from her.

"That's fine. You gave him your keys?" She asked.

"Yep, just in case." He said.

"Well, Mr. Stan you look exceptional." She smiled proudly at the tie she made.

"I should pay attention more." He said as he looked down at his tie.

"You should. Now go you'll be late." She pushed him out the door.

"Wait, what if I saw something wrong?" He asked. She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Sebastian you won't be talking, your agent will. Now Go." She said before giving him a quick peck on the lips.

Their apartment door leads straight into the living room. To the left, there was an open kitchen. Scarlett went to the bedroom to change into a pair of her sweats and one of Sebastian's white t-shirts.

She walked into the kitchen and took out a bowl of strawberries, which were her favorite. She looked out the window and saw the beauty that was New York City.

She then remembered that Chris was coming over to hang out. Chris was her best friend since she can remember. Chris was always there for her, and she loved that he was. He knew her story, maybe the only person who did other than her family. Scarlett was startled by the sound of her phone ringing. She looked down, and it read unknown number. She put down her half bitten strawberry and wiped her mouth.

She picked up, not knowing that was a mistake.

"Hello?" She questioned.

"Hey sweetie, congrats." Said the voice.

"I'm sorry who are you; I don't recognize your number." She replied.

"Don't tell me you forgot about your old man?" Said the voice.

Her breathing hitched and she felt tears welling up. Why was he calling her, and why now?

"Why are you calling me?" She asked while trying not to choke on her breath.

"I want to congratulate you for getting a star. I'm proud of you." He replied.

"Oh so now you're supportive." She spat.

"After fifteen damn years, you decide to call now that I made you proud. Was I not good enough before." She said as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Don't be upset; you can't blame me for leaving." He retorted.

"Can't blame you, why did you leave then huh? Wasn't your family good enough? Wasn't mom good enough? Five kids weren't good enough for you to stay." She choked on her breath, and she gave him the satisfaction of knowing he cracked her.

"Don't ever call me again. Don't ever talk to me or message me ever again. Just leave my life." She hung up right after.

She shook her head as she wiped her ongoing tears.

"Scarlett." Said a familiar voice. He stood across the counter with a bag of her favorite things.

---

Chris parked his car in front of the huge building complex. He jogged up the stairs with a bag full of snacks, her favorite snacks. He knocked on the door, but there was no answer. He knocked again still no answer. He took the keys Sebastian had lent him and opened the door. He opened the door slowly in case she had fallen asleep.

He furrowed his brows when he heard her talking to someone.

"Can't blame you, why did you leave then huh. Wasn't your family good enough? Wasn't mom good enough? Five kids weren't good enough for you to stay." Chris' expression dropped, he knew who it was.

"Don't ever call me again. Don't ever talk to me or message me ever again. Just leave my life." She hung up, and Chris looked to where he heard her voice. She was seated at her kitchen table. Her legs crossed while seated. She had her head buried in her hands, and was choking on her breath.

"Scarlett." He said causing her to look up.

"Chris." She whimpered. He dropped the bag and quickly went to give her a hug.

"Hey Hey Scar it's ok. I'm here for you." He said as his friend sobbed.

"Why were we not good enough Chris. Why did he leave?" She whispered in between hiccups.

"Scar there was nothing wrong with you, he just left. He made a pretty dumb mistake leaving your family." He replied.

"Why does it hurt so much." She said.

"Scar it hurts because he wasn't there for any of you. But you know it's great he left."

"How?" She asked in disbelief.

"Because without him discouraging you from living up to you full potential you became great," Chris said.

"Thank you, Chris." She said.

"No problem." He replied while wiping a stray tear from her cheek.

"Let's go watch ninja turtles." He encouraged.

"Ok..."

-------