Chapter 52 - Cliche

~Phil's POV~

*Two weeks later*

I couldn't stand to look at Dan anymore. I thought he cared about me, but after saying something like he did, it's clear he doesn't. I felt like no one cared about me so I left. I decided it would be best if I went to stay with Jack. After I had been staying there for exactly two weeks, he took me out to dinner. It was a very fancy place. Almost like the restaurants in cliche proposal scenes.

"Why didn't you tell me where we were going?"

Jack smiled, "Because you would overreact. Like you are now."

"I'm not overreacting. This place is fancy and we aren't dressed up."

"Phil, calm down. No one will be in there."

"Jack, this is a restaurant."

We walked into the restaurant and the only person in sight was the maitre d. 

Jack turned to me and smiled, "I told you no one would be here."

"Jack, what have you done?"

"Oh, nothing," Jack smirked.

"May I show you to our finest table?" the maitre d asked.

Jack nodded and we were taken to a beautiful table on the upstairs balcony. 

"Will this table do, Mr. McLoughlin?" 

Jack nodded again.

"May I interest you in a bottle of our finest champagne?"

"Yes. Also, don't forget about the special," Jack reminded the maitre d.

"Yes, sir," the maitre d smiled, walking away briskly.

Five minutes later, the maitre d came back with a bottle of champagne and two glasses. 

"Jack, why is everything so posh?"

"Only the best for the love of my life," Jack grinned.

"Jack, tell me what's going on."

"Where do I start? I love you and I wanted to treat you to something nice. Is that bad?"

"No, but no one else is here and you have some situation going on with the maitre d. I'm flattered and concerned."

"Well, I rented this restaurant so no one would bother us."

"Why would anyone bother us?"

"Just listen. I've loved you since the day I met you. I saw you and couldn't get you out of my mind. My life has changed for the better because of you and I am so thankful for that. I would do anything for you. I would give my life for you. And speaking of lives, will you spend the rest of your life with me?" Jack asked, slowly getting down on one knee.

"Are you asking me to marry you?"

"Unless you think it's moving too fast. I know we haven't been together long but I'm just so in love with you."

"Babe, calm down."

"Sorry. Philip Michael Lester, will you marry me?"

"Yes. I will marry you."

We both stood up and hugged. Jack kissed me as he held me tighter. In his embrace, I felt like nothing could hurt me. I knew that Jack could make me feel like no one ever had. I knew I had made the right decision.

~A/N~

Okay, where do I start. I may have impulsively posted everything in two days. This is one of the most romantic chapters in the whole story that was written while watching Family Guy. Shout out to my friend Stephane for being amazing, obsessing over Ravio, and unintentionally helping me write. Also, a lot of sh*t has been happening lately, so things may be delayed slightly. Though I will try my best to keep everything on here regular. That's it for now.

Signing off,

Kat