Chapter 40 - It's a Girl

~Jeanette's POV~

We arrived in Florida before noon. After we found our bags, we went to the hotel. We booked two rooms with one bed in each. Seph and I stayed in one room and Dan and Phil stayed in the other. Throughout the day, some other YouTubers got settled into the hotel. Across the hall from Seph and I was Mark and Jack. By Thursday afternoon, everyone was in the hotel. Seph had been spending a lot of time with Mark and Jack. She stuck around them more than anyone else but it was good for her. I was glad that she was making new friends so easily. 

She came in late Thursday night, I could tell she was drunk. I was laying in bed on my phone.

"How was your night?" I asked, rolling over to face the door.

"Gooood," she slurred, as she took off her pants.

It wasn't a problem because she always sleeps in her underwear and a shirt. She climbed into bed, wrapped her arm around my waist and almost immediately fell asleep. I turned my head to look at her, she peaceful and serene. I let her arm stay where it landed.

**The Next Morning**

I awoke to see that Seph was gone. Through the wall, I could hear shouting coming from Dan and Phil's room. I walked into their room, Dan and Phil were fighting and Seph was trying to calm them down. I tried to intervene until I heard shouting across the hall. I walked into Mark and Jack's room to find them fighting as well. Seph and I pulled the four of them into our room. 

"Everybody stop!" Seph yelled.

She had their attention.

"Since no one can get along, Jean and I are going to assign rooms," Seph said, crossing her arms.

"Phil and Jack will be next door."

I stepped up and said, "Dan and I will be across the hall."

"Mark and I will be in this room," Seph said with a smirk.

Mark stood up and protested, "I don't know you well enough to share a bed with you."

"Would you rather share a bed with Dan?" Seph smiled.

"No. I'll settle for you," Mark said, sitting back down.

Seph smiled again, "Good. Now we need to get downstairs."

We got dressed, headed downstairs, and got our information for the events. Everyone went their separate ways to their first event. The day passed quickly and before I knew it, it was almost eight PM. I met back up with Dan and Phil and we started back to the hotel.

"So where is Seph?"

"Hanging out with Mark and Jack," Dan replied.

"Where are they?" I asked. 

"They had a panel at five, it finished early so they helped clean up after that. Then they had a big meeting with some other big creators at seven thirty so Seph is just hanging out with them at their meeting," Dan stated.

Dan seemed upset about it. A tiny glimmer in his eyes told me that maybe he still thinks about her, the way he thinks about Phil. He flashed a smile to hide his thoughts. I smiled back. When we finally got back to our rooms, Phil went across the hall and Dan and I got settled in for the night. 

"So are you and Phil serious?" I asked, sitting on the bed.

"Yeah, I guess," Dan said, as if he didn't expect to ever get that question.

"Like you have complete feelings for him?"

Dan looked at me, "Why do you ask that?"

"Just wondering. Do you have feelings for anyone else?" I asked.

Dan sat down next to me, "Alright, there is someone else."

"Tell me who!" I said, a bit over excited.

"All I can say is, it's a girl."

"Dan has a girl crush!" I shouted.

"Wait! I need you to help me because I don't know how to tell her," Dan frowned.

"I'll do it. Let's go to bed and we'll get started in the morning."

We went to bed, both eager to start tomorrow.

~A/N~

Aloha!

Forty chapters later and this story is close to coming to an end! We are at over 1.45K reads! We are so grateful. This is getting kind of emotional but I and MarkoftheGeek are so happy that this story has come so far! So thank you very very much!

Signing off,

Kat