Chapter 41 - Uncomfortable

~Phil's POV~

I woke up early on Saturday. I looked at the clock, 6:03. After a few minutes, I started to get out of bed, Jack rolled toward me and I froze. He stopped moving so I stood up. I peeked through the curtains to see the sun starting to rise. I walked out into the hall. The pale light of the rising sun illuminated the hall just enough so I could see where I was going. I quietly opened the door to Dan and Jean's room. As I walked inside, I saw them sitting on the bed with their backs turned to me. They were talking about something, someone, I think. I closed the door behind me and listened.

"I don't understand how I'm supposed to help you," Jean said.

"I've tried making moves before, but she hasn't noticed. And now I'm at a loss."

I sneezed and they both turned around. 

"Phil, what are you doing here?" Jean asked.

Dan jumped up and ran over to me, "How much of that did you hear?"

"From where Jean said she doesn't know how she's supposed to help you," I replied.

Dan put an arm around my shoulders and audibly sighed. I heard him say "Thank God" under his sigh.

"Why are you up so early?" I asked.

Dan took his arm off my shoulders and smiled, "Just having an early morning chat."

I looked into his eyes. I could tell that he was hiding something. His smile grew wider.

"Alright. Have fun," I shrugged and turned to the door.

I walked back into my room, as Jack walked out of the bathroom, completely naked. We both stopped and just stared at each other.

"Sorry. I thought you had left for the day," Jack shrugged.

It was clear that Jack was in no rush to cover himself up.

"How are you so comfortable like that?" I asked, firmly planted in the same spot.

He turned to look at me, "I don't know. Why? Am I making you uncomfortable?"

I smiled, "No, I'm used to seeing my roommates that way."

Jack laughed as he put on his underwear. His laugh made my heart flutter, something it hasn't done since I met Seph. 

"You alright, Phil?"

"Yeah. Are you ready?"

"Almost."

I walked over to my side of the bed and sat down, "I have a question for you."

"Go ahead," Jack smiled.

"When we back up here tonight, can we talk?"

"Uh ... Yeah, I guess."

"Good. I'll leave you to finish getting ready. I am going to go check in on Dan and Jean," I said, turning to leave.

"Alright. See you in a bit."

I walked across the hall, back into Dan and Jean's room. They were sitting on the bed again. Dan started to stand up. So I didn't get to hear much, all I heard was Jean yelling, "Danny Boy has a girl crush!"

My eyes started to tear up. I wiped away the tears as Jack came into the hall. 

"Hey, you alright?" Jack asked, putting his hand on my shoulder. 

I threw on a fake smile and nodded, "Yeah, I'm good."

"You're sure?" 

"Absolutely."

"Alright. Let's get downstairs."

We headed downstairs and went our separate ways. I held onto a fake smile for almost twelve hours. Throughout the day, I could not shake the thought that Dan might not love me. 

~A/N~

AHOY!

I apologize for the tears you may have shed over Phil in this chapter. But otherwise, I hoped you enjoyed. Day 2 of Playlist is ALMOST over! But don't worry, Mark and Jack will get to spend plenty of time with the rest of the crew. 

Thanks for Reading, 

Signing off, 

Kat