Chapter 22 - It's Over

~Persephone's POV~

Another long pause fell over the room. It seemed as if a fog had fallen over us, you could feel the tension. I looked to Dan, I could feel the emotions radiating off of him. I made the mistake of looking into his eyes. They were filled with desperation, fear, and tears. He looked betrayed, abandoned even. My only thought was, Is this gonna be his second breaking point? Dan's feelings started to resonant with me. I couldn't stand looking at Dan any longer, so I turned to Phil. He was hanging his head. I could tell he regretted what he said. All of us felt we had done something wrong, we all felt it was our individual fault. A depression flowed between us. In that moment we were exactly the same, and we knew it, but no one wanted to say anything because no one knew what to say. I glanced at Dan again, everything was exactly the same. I extended my hand toward him. He looked up at me in confusion then, shook his head. I nodded, he slowly and reluctantly put his hand in mine. I rested our hands on my knee. I looked at Phil, too the same. I put my other on his back. He quickly turned to me, surprised. I gave a simple reassuring smile, making him hang his head again.

"It's going to be okay. I promise. Everything is going to be just like before."

Dan and Phil both shook their heads. I let go of Dan's hand and put my hand on his face. He looked at me and started to cry.

"It's over. It's not going back. I don't know exactly what it was like back then but it's not going back." Dan sobbed.

Phil jumped out of his chair and yelled, "I take it back! I take it all back! Everything! Anything I've said since I met Seph!"

I stood up in front of Phil and put my hands on his shoulders, "Hey, buddy. It's alright. Calm down. We can work through this. Together."

Phil dropped to his knees and broke out in tears.

Dan sat down in front of him, "Everything alright?"

"No. I've been living a lie!"

I sat down next to Dan, "Phil ... How so?"

Phil looked Dan in the eye, "Dan, you know how much you mean to me. I'm sorry but, I'm not in love with you and I never have been."

Dan pulled Phil into a hug and whispered, "That's good."

I knew something was up, "No. Phil. Keep talking."

Phil looked down to the floor and took a deep breath, "I'm in love with Persephone."

~A/N~

Oh! My! God! This chapter was insane to write! But I loved it. Plus, who doesn't love cliff hangers? Some songs that inspired this chapter are:
A Match Into Water - Pierce the Veil
Saving You - Chris Ganim
Bulletproof Love - Pierce the Veil
Gold - Sleeping With Sirens
Superheroes - The Script
Goner - Twenty One Pilots
Better Off Dead - Sleeping With Sirens

I thought I would start doing the song thing because I always listen to music when I write. Anyways, should it be a thing?

Catch ya later, my lovelies!