Chapter 37 - I Dreamed A Dream

~Persephone's POV~

A little boy ran toward me and yelled, "Mommy!" As if by instinct, I reached my arms out to catch him. I quickly realized I wasn't in control of my body. I picked up the boy.

"Hi, mommy," the boy smiled.

"Hi, Fletcher," I heard myself say.

Suddenly, Dan appeared from nothing. He walked over and kissed me. the little boy wrapped his arms around Dan's neck. Dan pulled the boy to his side and smiled.

"Is the world's best mom not good enough for you, Fletch?" Dan smiled and tickled the boy.

I got the feeling of control again. I could move my body. 

"Babe, what's wrong?" Dan asked.

"What is all this?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you kissing me?"

Dan showed me his left hand and a silver wedding band rested at the bottom of his ring finger. I looked down at my left hand, I had a matching ring. 

"B-b-but," I stuttered.

"We're married. We got married in September," Dan smiled.

"Who's the kid?"

"That's our son."

"Wait. Son?"

"Yeah. Our son, Fletcher."

"Dan, how is all this happening?"

I woke up and sat straight up.

"What the fuck just happened?"

I heard Dan talking in the distance.

"Dan, are you there?" I asked, looking around.

I realized that I was in a hospital room. I don't remember how I got here. The last thing I remember is Jeanette leaving for the store. The door to the room opened and Dan walked in.

"Hey, you're awake," Dan smiled.

"Yeah. Where am I?"

"The hospital."

"I know. Are we still in America?"

"Yeah. Phil and I flew out after Jeanette told us what happened."

"What exactly happened?"

"Oh right, the short term memory loss thing. You attempted suicide again."

"Oh God. I am so sorry."

"It's alright. I'm just glad you're okay," he smiled again.

"Thanks."

Dan nodded and turned to look out the window to the left. I sat up on the edge of the bed and looked at the floor. Dan stared out the window and started to hum. 

"Dan," I said, just loud enough for him to hear.

He turned to me and stopped humming, "Hmm."

"Can I tell you something?" I asked quietly, still looking at the floor.

"Yeah, what is it?" he asked, slowly shuffling closer.

I looked up at him, "When I was out, I had a dream."

Dan sat down. He looked intrigued.

"You were there. We were married."

Dan continued looking intently at me. He had a glimmer in his eyes. I couldn't tell if it was good or bad.

"What else?" 

"We had a son. His name was Fletcher."

Dan took my hands in his and looked me in the eyes, "I had a dream too."

"I had a dream that I was engaged to a woman and she was pregnant with my son." 

"Was it me?"

"I didn't know who she was then but looking back at it now, it was you," Dan smiled.

I smiled back at him, "You know what this means, right?"

~A/N~

Hey memers!

Cliffhangers! Sorry this chapter took forever, I wanted to get it perfect. Thanks to school I'm officially stressed out *insert TOP meme here* I am taking my last test this year tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Peace!