Chapter 42 - Tell Her How You Feel

~Jack's POV~

Phil and I got back to our room. We sat down on his side on the bed.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I asked, turning toward Phil.

"I just want to get to know you," Phil smiled.

"Alright. What's do you want to know?"

We talked for a few hours.

"I have a question for you," I stated.

"Ask away," Phil grinned.

"Why did you get in a fight with Dan?" I asked.

"Well ... I found something on Dan's phone that made me upset so I confronted him about it," Phil explained.

"If you don't mind me asking, what did you find?"

Phil paused, looked at the floor then back at me, "One of the days in his calendar was marked, tell her how you feel."

"He has feelings for someone else?" I frowned.

"That's what he said."

"So what did you do?"

"We made a mutual decision to take a break."

"I had no idea. I'm so sorry. Are you alright?"

Phil shrugged and his eyes started tearing up. I pulled him into a hug. He wrapped his arms around my torso. We stayed like that for awhile. Though I didn't mind, Phil was warm and soft, and I felt safe in his embrace. After Phil stopped crying, he pulled away.

"I'm here for you," I smiled.

Phil wiped away the last of his tears, he eyes still red, and gave a weak smile, "Thank you."

Phil sat criss-cross, facing me. I put my hands on his knees, he looked up. I smiled and said, "You are going to be fine. Just give it time." Phil smiled.

"Why were you fighting with Mark?"

"Uhm ... I'd rather not say."

"Oh, alright."

"Sorry."

"It's fine. I completely understand."

"Thanks. You know it's late, we should probably get to bed."

Phil nodded. I stood up and went to use the bathroom. After I finished, I turned out the lights and got in bed. Phil, who was already in bed, rolled over to face me. 

"Am I the only one that finds this a bit awkward?" Phil smiled.

"What? Us sharing a bed?"

"Yeah."

"It's only for another week or so, plus by the end, we'll be best friends," I smiled.

Phil laughed. His laugh, made me feel something that I hadn't felt in an eternity.

~A/N~

Aloha!

Thank you so much for 1.5K reads! @MarkoftheGeek and I could not be happier. We are celebrating next weekend by making cupcakes because we are literal children. 

IMPORTANT

Uploads are going to be weekly for now. So we can try to move faster. 

Again, Thank you so much.

Signing off, 

Kat