Chapter 42: An idea

Beca poised herself with a smirk over the body of her girlfriend, lying sprawled out on the duvet from the night before, possibly sporting a slight headache over the drinks from the last night. The brunette grinned as she began to repeatedly hit Chloe with the balloon whilst causing her body to shake as the DJ giggled above her.
"Wake up, wake up," Beca laughed as she flopped down on top of Chloe. She simply groaned as she opened one eye to grin at Beca, the balloon now between her teeth. Beca took the balloon from her mouth and let the air out of it as it faced Chloe, causing the loose hairs from her ponytail to twirl around.
"Happy birthday babe," Beca grinned once the balloon had deflated.
"thank you," Chloe smiled as she kissed Beca, plucking the balloon from her hand and then reblowing it, getting her revenge as she let the air out facing Beca with a pout.
"Bully," Beca smirked.
"I'm allowed to, you're small," Chloe laughed.
"And here I was thinking you were going to say you're older," Beca rolled her eyes.
"That too," Chloe smiled. Beca hummed as she let her head fall again on Chloe's chest, "tired?" Chloe giggled.
"Oh the life of a teacher," Beca smirked with her eyes closed.
"More like the life of a beer-loving 28 year old munchkin, wait, how long have you been up? I didn't hear you get up,"
"No to the munchkin for a start," Beca held up her finger and prodded Chloe, "and only about an hour," she shrugged.
"What've you been doing?"
"Watching you sleep and drawing inappropriate things where you can't see them," Beca chuckled.
"Creep, and you better be kidding or I swear to god,"
"No kidding, what else was I supposed to do," Beca shrugged as she pointed at the black pen on her nightstand. Chloe quickly groaned and swiped for her phone, picking it up and looking at the front camera.
"I hate you, you know that," Chloe said as she ruffled the brunettes hair, unable to reach much lower due to the weight on her arms. Beca shook her head with a laugh,
"Can't believe you actually think I'd draw all over my beautiful girlfriend," Beca chuckled as she opened her eye and rested her chin on Chloe's abdomen as she stared into her blue eyes.
"Asshole," Chloe smiled.

"I don't wanna do anything I'm too oooold," Chloe groaned.
"Oh lighten up, I think you'll love this," Beca smirked as the pair were driving.
"No, my back hurts already,"
"Oh you're such a drama queen, you just want a massage from the amazing Beca Mitchell,"
"She wishes," Chloe smirked as she caught Beca's eye.
"Mean, okay now you have to repay my favour and close your eyes," Beca swatted Chloe's hand.
"Ok! No need to be vicious," Chloe laughed as she closed her eyes.
A few minutes later and Chloe was led out of the car by warm arms around her shoulders.
"Alright chlo, open up" Beca spoke loudly.
"Why do you sound like your miles aw-" Chloe smiled as she opened her eyes.
"Happy birthday Chlo" chimed Aubrey, Stacie and Jesse in time, all holdi balloons. Chloe squealed and ran to the group, enveloping them in a hug.
"So wait what are we even doing,"
"Duh, laser tag," Jesse gestured to the warehouse-like building behind the group with a smirk.
"And Beca organised this?" Chloe laughed as she look towards the brunette who just shrugged with a smirk.
"c'mon guys lets go I wanna shoot this biatch," Beca poked Chloe's side before casting her arm over her shoulder.
"Yeah y'see that would sound badass if you weren't now on your tiptoes," Aubrey laughed as she gestured to Beca's feet. Beca just shot the blonde a look and grumbled as she led the group into the building.

"I still can't believe you fell over," Chloe giggled.
"Hey it wasn't my fault that Jesse, who was meant to be on my team, decided to crouch in a dark corner," Beca shoved Jesse's leg as he sat across from him. The group were now in Aubrey's apartment after ordering a pizza.
"Don't blame me!" Jesse replied as she picked up another pizza slice.
"Let's not lie though me and Chloe kicked ass in there in the second game," Aubrey smirked.
"Yeah and you abandoned all abandoned me when Stace and Jesse paired up as well, how was I going to win, there's only one of me!" Beca groaned which elicited laughs from the group.
"You have a smaller target," Stacie half whispered.
"Stop with the height jokes!" Beca huffed as she sunk in her chair. Chloe placed a hand on her knee and gave a light squeeze, though not being able to contain the grin that had spread on her face.
"So Chlo you feel any older?" Jesse asked.
"Her backs done in apparently," Beca smirked.
"I'm sure there are ways of fixing that," Chloe winked at the brunette which caused a blush to creep up on her cheeks.
"Ew, no sex talk in my apartment, I have enough of it from Stace,"
"You love it babe," Stacie grinned, earning an eye roll from the blonde.

The rest of the redheads birthday was spent mostly in Aubreys apartment, with pizza, drinks, movies and gifts.
Beca and Chloe were currently snuggled in Chloe's bed,
"I should probably go home tomorrow," Beca mumbled, almost talking to herself.
"Why?" Chloe asked, cocking her head.
"Don't know how much longer I can turn up in your clothes or the few dirty things I have here," she continued. It was true, Beca had barely been home for the past few nights and her clothing was becoming limiting, resulting in here wearing Chloe's clothes.
"Simple answer for that isn't there,"
"Yeah, use the washing machine that's perfectly useful in my house," Beca laughed.
"Oh that's a good one," Chloe laughed.
"Tell me about it,"
"But I have a better idea, move your clothes, in with my clothes," Chloe shrugged. Beca raised an eyebrow and looked at Chloe,
"But that would mean..." She trailed off.
"Don't make me ask you," Chloe brought her hand up to her face and peeked at Beca.
"If that's what you want..?"
"Is it what you want?" Chloe asked. Beca was silent for a while before she broke out into a grin,
"Yeah,"
"Yeah?"
"Totally Beale, if you think you're ready," Beca quirked her brow.
"Heck yeah," Chloe smirked as she pulled lightly on Beca's neck and brought her down to kiss her.
"I love you roomie," Chloe giggled.
"Ok so how old are you?" Beca laughed.
"Doesn't matter you said yes now there's no turning back, I'll help you sort stuff out over the next week?" Chloe asked.
"Sure," Beca smiled as she kissed Chloe on the cheek, "happy birthday," she mumbled. Chloe just smiled and buried her head under Beca's neck and the pair drifted to sleep, once again in eachothers embrace.

A/N: I might do a time jump in a few chapters as I'm running out of fun ideas for this fic!!