Chapter 4: The first fight

Three weeks passed since I read the notebook. So far, I had the whole situation under my control thanks to the way I managed everything. I would do the same things I always did during the day, went to school, spent time with Kim and my friends, and any other thing a boy my age did. It was late at night when things were different. Once the world around me fell asleep, I’d sneak out of my room and begin training on my powers in my back yard. It became a simple routine; the hard thing was keeping my new traits hidden. It took a bit of effort but I managed to do it. I kept my loss of sleep and hunger by simply eating and pretending to go to bed. It surprised me to see how quickly my life adjusted to this change.

      As the days went by I started feeling weak and tired. I felt extremely tired and my whole body would shiver at random times. This gave me the sign that it was time to feed. I decided to help my community as I fed by taking energy from the kids that were making graffiti around the neighborhood. It was an easy thing to do; I simply hunted for them around the neighborhood one night and found them spray painting a garage door a few houses away from mine. I recognized them; the two of them went to my school. They never saw me coming as I ran at them from behind with my super human speed. I grabbed both of them behind the neck and gently held on to them as their energy went into me. I felt the rush of energy go in me. They stood there paralyzed as I drained them and fell once I let go of them. Unlike the time I fed from Brandon, I could actually control how much I took out of them. I picked them up and dropped them in the front door of the house. I rang the bell and ran away. I knew that the two of them would wake up in around a few hours since their energy should’ve recovered by then.

      I seemed to have improved on my powers. All the things I could do with aura amazed me. My own nature seemed to amaze me non stop. I couldn’t stop wondering how I would react if I were to ever see, another Vampire, or a Witch, or an Alchemist, or a Shape shifter. These beings were truly incredible to me. The way I trained, I seemed ready for anything, but fate proved me wrong one morning.

      I spotted a parked car as I was walking to school one Monday morning. I felt the driver inside the car starring at me until I disappeared around the corner. At school I heard an omen but didn’t recognize it. As I was talking with my friends, Emily said something that I should’ve taken as a sign. “You know, one day I’ll miss that about you” she said in our conversation. I didn’t think of it as an omen and went to class when the bell rang. In class I didn’t pay attention to the lesson or to the notes I was passing between Kim and my friends. I had a great feeling of anxiety, like if I was waiting for something to happen at that instant. Then, with a bang, fate changed my life and set me in another path. Every one in the school heard bullets being fired and all fear came to them. The people in my class stood still until someone yelled to get down. Before we moved a man wearing a ski mask and holding a rifle ran into the room. I had the urge to take him down and be the big hero but something stopped me. It wasn’t fear, I could’ve probably taken down any human I could if I were fast enough. What stopped me was what I saw in the man from the angle he was in. He walked in and from the angle I could see part of a tattoo in the back of his neck. I recognized it, a vertical line followed by a horizontal line evenly put out in the very bottom; it was the letter “I”. This was no regular hostage situation; they were here because of me.

     “Fuori!” yelled the man in the mask. I reached in my cell phone and felt my phone there. No one understood what the man said but the signs he was making with the rifle made it obvious that he wanted us to get out of the room. I was lucky to be wearing a jacket, as we all go out of our seats with our hands up I pulled my phone out and held it under my sleeve. We cautiously walked out of the class room. I looked down the whole time; I didn’t want him seeing my eyes. We all saw that the same thing was happening to all the other class rooms. We were all forced to sit against the wall and stay there. There were a lot of masked men holding weapons. I could see the hole in the ceiling where they fired up to bring attention. This was going to turn even worse if I were found.

The 4 Kingdoms: Rise of The Vampireजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें