Chapter 13: Toxic

I knew the answer to my own question. This person is the vampire who hired the shape shifter. I was injured from the fight; this was going to be hard. “You did a good job Charlie.” Said the voice from the mist. The other vampire stepped into sight. He had an Asian appearance, his hair was short and messed up, he was tall and slim. He had a serious yet relaxed expression in his face. He was wearing a long red button shirt with pitch black pants followed by leather shoes. He had the purple rings inside his eyes, no doubt he was a vampire. He was holding a gun in his right hand and on his left hand he had a large suitcase. I could see a C tattooed in a gothic handwriting on his right hand and a tattoo of what appeared to be a Chinese character in his left hand. (I couldn’t see much of it since his sleeve was covering it.)

     “Is that my money?” I heard the shape shifter ask. 

     “One hundred and seventy five thousand dollars all cash, enjoy.” He said smiling in sincere tone. Whenever his mouth would open, the black mist would appear like if it were a combination of smoking and his breath on a winter day. He threw the suitcase at the shape shifter who jumped and transformed into the huge crow in mid air. He grabbed the suitcase with his talons before it touched the ground and flew off. I didn’t know where he went; the mist didn’t let me see. I didn’t care where he went; right now I had more to worry about.

       The mist wasn’t putting me down like it had done to the officers. This poison wasn’t enough to knock out a vampire instantly. The only effect that the mist had on me was that it made my wounds sting. I looked at the vampire; he was also looking at me. The two of us felt the tension between each other; we wanted to get this over with. “You’re Ying Tao? You look like if you came out of ‘Mortal Kombat’.” I said teasing him as I released my energy making my aura cover me. The mist reeked but I removed my sleeve from my face. Ying looked at me and got ready in a battle position. He put his gun forward and his free hand in the form of a fist getting ready to hit.

     “I am sorry but I will kill you tonight.” He said looking at me. The mist looked creepy as it went out of his mouth with every word he said.

     “I doubt it.” I said reaching into my jacket pocket for a blade. The two of us gave serious expressions. I wanted to get out of here but it seemed impossible now, if he paid that much for a mercenary to keep me here I doubt he’d let me go. I felt the knife in my hand, Ying pointed his gun at me, and we were both aching to attack. We had a fair advantage over each other; his weapon was not a very effective one on Kingdoms and I was already worn down from my last battle. Guns make too much noise when they fire and bullets are too small, dodging them is something easy to do as long as close attention is paid on the sounds of it being fired. On the other hand, blades were silent, fast, and unlimited in their use. I could still take him on even after he runs out of bullets.

     His advantage over me was that I was worn out and a little wounded from my last battle. The energy in me was almost gone, I needed to take some from anyone but in this situation it was going to be hard. He in the other hand was completely healthy and full of energy. That wasn’t his only advantage, this mist he was creating was toxic and it was making it hard to see. We looked at our eyes, deeply looking at the rings which glowed even in this mist, before making the first moves.

      We started fighting the instant he fired his gun. I moved to the side to dodge first then leaped at him with my knife to attack him. I slashed at his face but he moved back, I then kept then slashing at him. He dodged my attacks even though I was close to cutting his neck or eyes most of the time. As he dodged he ducked down and kicked me I the legs to throw me off balance. I fell on my back and as I was there he aimed his weapon at me and began to shoot. I threw my knife at him before he could press the trigger; the blade got him in the shoulder and was stuck there.